This job is archived
Candidate is expected to perform Tank Sterilization functions in Active Biological Ingredient (ABI) manufacturing area while using Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) techniques colleague will clean, assemble, and sterilize portable tanks and associated equipment. This position will support Media Prep, Bacterial, and Viral production. Colleague must demonstrate good housekeeping practices, assist with Clean In Place (CIP) and Steam In Place (SIP) operation as directed. Fill out process specific documents accurately and completely. Follow Standard Operating Procedures. Train and apply cGMP to assigned work as well as read and follow Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) guidelines.
- Work in a safe, clean and organized manner
- Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including respirators
- Process and clean portable tanks and associated equipment
- Sterilize portable tanks for use
- Learn and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Use all types of communication (i.e. verbal, phone, e-mail) in dealing with cusomers, peers, and Team Leader while maintaining a positive and professional attitude as required in the daily operation of the department.
- Respond to requests from customers for supplies and information in a courtoeous and timely manner.
- Demonstrate reliability in attendance and punctuality.
- Complete concise, accurate, and timely documentation
Education and Experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- General understanding of microbiology and cGMP preferred
- Colleague degree preferred
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic Microsoft application and computer skills
- Ability to recognize product quality issues based on company guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Add, Subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrates good listening skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment
- Expresses a positive attitude
- Shows respect for co-workers
- Working knowledge of metric system
Physical Position Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. routinely
- Manual dexterity using hands and fingers
- Constant standing for extended periods of time
- Reach with hands and arms
- Frequent need to sit, kneel, crouch and climb
- Exposure to temperature variation, disagreeable odors, caustic/hazardous chemicals, noise