This job is archived
Location: Remote USA
The Senior Manager, EHS Operations Integration is responsible for alignment of EHS and Business Continuity Management (BCM) programs across Zoetis operations – onboarding new sites/businesses/personnel, project management for deployment of EHS initiatives, and development of processes, programs and tools to support best in class EHS performance. The role will report to the Global Environment, Health and Safety Lead.
Key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complete EHS gap assessments for newly acquired businesses; establish project execution plan and project management strategy for business/ site EHS integration in coordination with Integration Management Office (IMO). Partner with business lines to ensure adequate resources are in place at sites to maintain EHS compliance.
- Support Business Development Initiatives, acquisition, and divestiture activities with emphasis on EHS due diligence (with Quality, Engineering, Legal, Business Development).
- Develop tools and guidelines to support efficient onboarding of new businesses, sites and/or EHS staff.
- Conduct and facilitate EHS process improvement projects and ongoing operational gap assessments to understand areas needing improvement and to apply insights to challenge and modify current approaches at site, business unit and/or company-wide level, as applicable.
- Lead change management strategies and training initiatives in order to influence long-term and on-going improvements in EHS processes and programs.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of all assigned projects and gain consensus from stakeholders to ensure successful implementation. Responsible for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum education of bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Health and Safety or other relevant discipline. Ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in EHS. Advanced degree in EHS or risk management desirable.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical/animal health business operations preferred.
- Manufacturing or laboratory site EHS management experience required, with track record of strong EHS performance.
- Business Continuity Program implementation experience is desirable
- Corporate EHS management experience is desired.
- Experience across breadth of risk management functions including environmental, occupational health and safety, biosafety and process safety is preferred. In addition, expertise sufficient to support a global program desirable.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proven leader in EHS with sustained performance record. Technical expert in one or more primary EHS elements like Process Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Bio Safety, Environmental, EHS management systems, and in the successful implementation of positive EHS culture.
- Good working knowledge of EHS regulations.
- Proven ability to implement successful EHS programs in large and/or complex organizations.
- Demonstrated track record in influencing stakeholders and EHS professionals (and others not in direct line) to achieve results/ continuous performance improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with other employees at all levels of the company
- Self-motivated, proactive, quick learner with a desire to improve processes and drive the business towards increasing efficiencies
- Proficiency in English, written and oral, required. Other language skills desirable.
- Aligned with Zoetis vision, mission and core beliefs