Our Information Technology team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Development Operations Engineer
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team in Lincoln, NE (preferred) with consideration given to remote-only and telecommute applicants based in the USA. This person will oversee operations, maintenance, and deployment of many servers and services at Cloud & On-Prem alongside customized scripts development, Source Control management, and Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery pipelines. If you are a team player and thrive in fast-paced environments, we would like to hear from you!
- Build systems that are secure, scalable, and self-healing in the public cloud alongside standard Development Operations tools.
- Manage and create Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery procedures.
- Be part of product architecture and infrastructure design and write documentation of the infrastructure and Development Operations pipelines.
- Responsible for our company Animal Health Intelligence echo system, infrastructure, scale, costs & up-time.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience administering Linux & Windows servers along with scripting languages (Go, Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on of AWS & Azure services
- Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycles, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Source Control Management utilizing GIT in development environments
- Experience with Docker approach, Kubernetes (EKS, AKS), Helm charts and Terraform
- Understanding of the basics of database administration for SQL Server, MySQL or comparable SQL database
- Monitor and Metrics gathering (AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, Datadog, Azure Monitor, Grafana)
- Knowledgeable in standard protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SSH, TLS, SMTP, SFTP, etc.)
- Network management skills (firewalls, DNS, NAT) and cloud security services such as AWS Security group, WAF, ACL, Shield, etc.
- Experience with a variety of open source technologies and tools
- Keen interest in learning new and emerging technologies and passion for innovation
- Must be a team player!!!
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field. Will substitute for relative work experience
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Remote Work, Telecommuting, Work Week
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:No
Number of Openings:1