This job is archived
Nestled in southeast Missouri, Bloomfield is a small town with a rich history – and we’ve been proud to call Bloomfield home to one of our litter factories since 1995. This factory was the first to produce Lightweight® litter, which has revolutionized the category within the pet care industry – a product that weighs half the amount of conventional litter. Unique to this factory is an overhead bridge that allows full pallets of finished products to be conveyed to the distribution warehouse just north of the factory. This innovation, in conjunction with various others, played a meaningful role in Nestlé Purina earning the Malcolm Baldrige Award in manufacturing. In 2020, our Bloomfield factory will undergo a 110,000-square-foot expansion in processing and packaging. This is a $115 million investment, allowing Nestlé Purina to meet the growing demand from cat owners. With short commutes to St. Louis, Kansas City and the Lake of the Ozarks—you can enjoy daytrips to popular attractions nearby or take pride in the great schools, local businesses and tight-knit community Bloomfield has to offer.
As the Shipping Supervisor, what will you contribute to our team? You will oversee the handling and shipment of all finished products by truck in a safe and efficient manner. Instruct and coach all associates on the job and relevant workplace rules and regulations. Maintain operation with established standards for cost, quality, labor efficiency, materials, scrap, safety and housekeeping. Supervise operations, quality, and maintenance of jug blow molding production inside of the warehouse. This is a night shift position (6pm- 6am).
- Supervise all confirmation of orders and shipment of all finished goods by truck
- Manage accuracy in loading and receiving through leading and coaching associates.
- Maintain safety, quality and labor standards within warehouse operations.
- Supervise production quality, material transfer, production, and maintenance issues related to jug blow molding.
- Address picking, receiving and shipping customer orders accurately, efficiently and timely.
- Achieve dock schedule and manage inventory flow with shippers.
- Conduct inventories and identify and resolve inventory variances and ensure proper control of out of specification inventory.
- Coach associates in problem solving and root cause direction, fostering continuous improvement.
- Support and lead Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) objectives with associates.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, military, or related environment
- 1+ years of experience in a supervisory role
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Shipping Supervisor Primary Location: Bloomfield, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20006148