This job is archived
For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. Nestle Purina has a large presence in Oklahoma City (OKC) with one of our dry pet food factories located just 10 miles outside of downtown in Edmond. Having served as a production facility for many years in this area as producers of Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Beneful® and Purina ONE® brands, we have left a big paw print on this charming western city.
As the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the effective management of the Engineering and Maintenance functions within the plant. The Engineering Manager works cross –functionally with on-site and corporate teams to establish and meet site and departmental objectives. In addition, this position is responsible for the management and implementation of the factory’s capital budget. The Engineering Manager also oversees all storeroom functions and sets the direction for Engineering and Maintenance training activities. This role actively leads and supports all factory initiatives with special concentration on process improvement, maintenance performance and plant operations projects.
- Develop, implement and coordinate the capital budget to improve and maintain equipment and facilities
- Responsible for the research and implementation of programs and initiatives to continually reduce plant energy costs and improve utilization
- Inspect and advise all areas of the plant in relation to equipment design, implementation, evaluation and troubleshooting
- Establish and maintain Maintenance and Engineering department objectives, goals and performance standards. Coordinate staffing requirements within the department in alignment with short-term and long-term plant objectives
- Responsible for the oversight of storeroom functions and approval of equipment purchase orders, contract services orders and plant service agreements.
- Set the direction for all Maintenance and Engineering training and provide all necessary support and resources for effective development
- Ensure external contractor compliance with company standards including safety, quality and productivity
- Participate in negotiation of utility contracts in line with plant needs and ensure full compliance with all governmental regulations
- Provide and maintain adequate plant fire protection systems that meet insurance requirements
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field
- 5+ years’ engineering project management and continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, military, or related environment.
- 1+ years’ experience in a maintenance related capacity within a manufacturing, technical, industrial or military environment.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Engineering Manager Primary Location: Edmond, OK US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005606