This job is archived
- Build, maintain and leverage strategic relationships with internal teams (including but not limited to Supply Chain, Quality, Technical Applications, R&D/PTC, Legal and Procurement to manage cost, quality, compliance and product innovation) and external suppliers to effectively launch and maintain products throughout their lifecycle.
- Effectively negotiate and finalize contracts with all assigned contract manufacturers.
- Initiates ad implements cost reduction ideas for assigned contract manufacturing locations.
- Proactively communicate/escalate issues, risks, timing and contingencies relevant to business success.
- Perform business analysis of projects to assess contract manufacturing business opportunities applying the Procurement 7 Best Practices and 7 Step Strategic Sourcing process.
- Perform financial, Make vs. Buy, and capital investments analysis
- Assess volume and market performance expectations for new items
- Forecast capacity constraints and proactively source and make ready new capacity
- Identify and assess potential contract manufacturers
- Identify network of potential contract manufacturers, establish contact, and visit to conduct initial business assessment and establish CDA/NDA
- Coordinate technical, engineering, and quality assurance resources to conduct corresponding assessments
- “Pave the way” to allow access to contract manufacturing facilities for internal NPP functional experts and external auditing parties to perform their necessary work.
- Connect directly contract manufacturer and brand management teams to jointly develop products and new ideas.
- Lead and manage negotiations and contracting including documentation of competitive bidding or price rationalization (e.g. cost modeling).
- Ensure that contract manufacturing partners continuously comply with all Nestle Purina requirements (including quality assurance audits) and monitor ongoing business market performance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Science, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Business Management or related field, or equivalent experience and 5+ years management experience working cross functionally on key projects in a supply chain, manufacturing, logistics or business environment
- MBA or Graduate Degree and 3+ years management experience working cross functionally on key projects in a supply chain, manufacturing, logistics or business environment
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
--- Job: Co-Manufacturing Manager Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005682