Located in North America’s wind belt, Davenport is at the forefront of renewable energy technology and has remained home to our largest manufacturing facility since 1927. Originally producing cereal, the factory became a pet food-only manufacturer in the late ‘90’s and as the largest pet food manufacturing facility in the U.S., it carefully produces, packages and ships several varieties of our Dog Chow®, Puppy Chow®, Alpo®, Beneful®, Nestlé Purina ONE®, Cat Chow®, Kitten Chow®, Friskies® and Kit N Kaboodle® brands.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the end to end operations within the Dry Pet departments. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation of Nestlé Continuous Excellence (N.C.E.) initiatives to improve performance. You will show expertise and decision space within various functions including Quality, Safety, Cost Management, Plant Automation, and more.
We’re a “safety first” culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. As a leading pet food manufacturer, we carry on the legacy of our Founder who led us to reshape the larger pet care category. Over 120 years in existence, we’ve grown our passionate Nestlé Purina Family as we’ve grown the breadth of our business. Your needs are our responsibility—job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future and your career aspirations.
- Implement continuous improvement processes, assessments, and changes to enhance performance through N.C.E.
- Recruit, train, and develop management candidates.
- Exploit plant’s capacity and flexibility with changing business needs to maximize throughout and minimize cost.
- Fully support and promote the Plant Safety Program, quality improvements, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure and effective Preventative Maintenance Program to keep downtime to a minimum and efficiency at its highest level.
- Manage long and short-term planning to improve plant infrastructure and technology.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of management experience within manufacturing, production, warehouse, or military environment.
- Must be willing to relocate within the next 18-24 months.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Operations Manager Primary Location: Davenport, IA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005586