Our Mechanicsburg factory, built in 1969, is located just eight miles west of Pennsylvania’s state capital of Harrisburg. Unique to this factory, it’s situated at a transportation crossroads where three of the U.S.’s most heavily-traveled interstate highways traverse the region. With 40 percent of the U.S. population located within 500 miles, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., this area offers our associates both small-town living with quick and easy access to the “purrrrr-ks” of a big city. Our Mechanicsburg factory is one of the largest manufacturers in the area and produces a large portion of Nestlé Purina’s dry pet food portfolio, including Puppy Chow®, Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Pro Plan®, Alpo®, Kitten Chow®, Cat Chow®, Friskies®, Nestlé Purina ONE® and Kit ‘N Kaboodle®. Beyond our work in pet food production, we support various local animal shelters and organizations (Susquehanna Service Dogs Organization and Woofstock among others) to more deeply impact our ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere.
As the Assistant Production Manager you will provide support to Production Management that will help facilitate continuous cost reduction and process improvement efforts at the plant level. You will use computer based technologies, statistical techniques, data analysis, and Nestle Industrial Performance tools. Your recommendations will impact efficiency, cost reduction, and waste reduction throughout the plant. You will be a key contributor to our TPM pillars.
You must be willing to relocate to another factory within 18-24 months.
- Motivate and coach production team to attain high levels of performance
- Coordinate all activities with Maintenance, Engineering, and Quality Assurance to ensure that all goals are achieved
- Assist Operations Management in regards to supervision and management of production areas as needed
- Analyze plant floor data and provide feedback that will enable process improvements
- Work with plant management to identify cost saving initiatives
- Provide problem solving expertise by identifying root causes for problem areas and recommending solutions
- Identify best practices and provide training to enable process improvements and reduce changeover times
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- 1+ years of leadership experience
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Assistant Production Manager Primary Location: Mechanicsburg, PA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005244