Just 65 miles from Center City Philadelphia, Allentown – or Lehigh Valley – is in close proximity to many of the major Northeastern U.S. cities, which makes it an ideal location for manufacturing and distributing consumer goods. We utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Nestlé Purina is truly proud to call home.
As an Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for providing on-shift administrative support and issue reconciliation for the production operations team. You will assist with supporting continuous improvement activities and drive key operating indicators for safety, quality, performance and sanitation.
- Assist with ensuring execution and coordination of production focusing on the timing of changeovers, sanitation and developing competency in the Nestle Continuous Excellence Methodology.
- Provide assistance to the operations team to help build and strengthen the culture of zero safety incidents and quality defects.
- Coach and develop team member on basic key standard routines to support continuous improvement
- Manage schedules for team members to support training and development, call-ins, flex time, vacations, etc.
- Complete all time card entries on a daily basis and manage schedule changes in KRONOS.
- Ensure completion and entry of shift paperwork requirements for Integrated Work Groups, stoppage collection sheets, standard adherence tracking, etc.
*Perform all other job duties as assigned.*
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in production, manufacturing or related environment.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Operations Specialist Primary Location: Allentown, PA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005074