Manages the outbound operation of the Distribution Center (DC) to ensure timely, accurate product receipt, order fulfillment, and the organization of resources while continually seeking feedback and improving processes to ensure the customers’ expectations are exceeded every day.
- Plans and directs all distribution activities including shipping, routing, and administrative tasks to ensure company requirements are met.
- Leads the effort to gather feedback regarding the customer expectations. Makes recommendations and implements changes to continually improve the customer’s experience.
- Ensures the efficient organization and layout of the distribution center by optimizing processes for picking, packing, and shipping customer orders while maintaining distribution center compliance with all governmental agencies and their regulations.
- Main point of contact for all inquiries regarding outbound shipments. Works with internal partners (Sales, Regulatory and Quality Affairs) regarding orders shipped. Answers questions and provides information to resolve any outstanding issues in a timely manner. Pro-actively communicates issues to appropriate individuals which many include: Customers, Sales, Purchasing, Distribution Center Management.
- Reviews current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in the outbound process and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Participates on distribution center management team; develops action plans for conducting internal analyses and gap identification. Conducts observations to identify areas for change; conducts analyses to develop action plans to address operational and Team Member needs.
- Conducts daily status meetings with management team to review prior day’s performance and to develop action plan for current day.
- Manages the outbound team. This includes but us not limited to, performance management, attendance management, training, employee engagement and retention, and employee development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for a major in Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other business-related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of three years of experience in warehouse or production environment
- Minimum three years management experience
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically organize, prioritize and meet customer expectations
- Must demonstrate strong ability to pay attention to detail
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Must be proficient in Microsoft and computer skills
- Experience and knowledge in distribution processes (receiving, shipping and inventory control) required
- Forklift Certification desired
- Must meet any minimum certification qualification required by any local or state board or licensing agency, as applicable within span of control (varies by location)
- Green belt or equivalent in Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Ability to engage in overnight travel on an as needed basis essential
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.