For more than 100 years, Purina has led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, through innovative engineering, we literally reshaped Pet Care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and our new Ultra-Premium brands, Beyond® and Just Right® pet food. Such industry leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in engineering.
The Operations and Start-Up Leader will play a key role in managing capital projects and initiatives to meet business, schedule and budget objectives. This position will focus on the operational side of these projects– including the evaluation and implementation of all business processes, equipment, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. A key aspect of this role will be consistent collaboration with both internal and external partners including but not limited to our Nestle Purina Product Technology Center (PTC), Nestle Purina Support Center (NPSC), Technical Applications Group (TAG), Quality Assurance (QA), Safety, Human Resources, Factory Operations, Factory Management, Engineering, Digital Manufacturing Information Technology (IT at Nestle) and external contractors and vendors (OEMs).
The Operations Start-Up Leader will also be responsible for identifying areas where business processes and system-related changes are needed. This person will work with stakeholders from all business units and related third parties to analyze, define and document all necessary changes as well as to translate new requirements into training-related materials and documentation for factory users. As the subject matter expert on operational processes and training procedures, the Operational Start-Up Leader will be expected to act as an effective coach for leaders and associates at all levels of the business.
- Develop and manage the master start-up plan for the commissioning, qualification and verification (CQV) phase.
- Coordinate safety activities with the operational team and Engineering to complete Machine Risk Assessments (MRAs), Safety Maps, Lock out Tag out (LOTO) procedures.
- Create, manage and execute local operations program budget.
- Schedule and manage the staffing and training process to ensure implementation of standard programs developed by Nestle Purina Engineering (NPE).
- Coordinate/manage the operational team and ensure that product, equipment, systems, line and site certifications are completed on time.
- Define team roles and responsibilities, including core team and support roles
- Develop a project management strategy based on a situational awareness of the operational details and the groups being impacted.
- Coordinate product and process permits and licenses with the project manager, quality manager, safety, health and environment (SHE) and the regulatory team.
- Complete a proactive and effective handover of the project to the operational team including proper documentation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree AND 3+ years change management, business analysis and project management experience in a manufacturing, industrial and/or military environment
- PMP or equivalent Project Management Professional certification
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] [Register to View] style="background-color:white"> to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Operations & Start Up Leader (Process Lead) Primary Location: Greensboro, NC US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20004304