Manages the inbound operation of a Distribution Center to ensure all receiving, storing, handling returned/damaged goods, and administrative tasks are met while continually seeking feedback and improving processes to ensure the customers’ expectations are exceeded every day.
· Manages the inbound operation of a Distribution Center to ensure all receiving, storing, handling returned/damaged goods, and administrative tasks are met while continually seeking feedback and improving processes to ensure the customers’ expectations are exceeded every day.
· Plans and directs all receiving, storing, handling returned/damaged goods, and administrative tasks to ensure customer and company requirements are met.
· Manages the Receiving team in the unloading of freight trucks delivering merchandise to the DC; counting of pieces/ packages/ pallets; and signing of Bill of Ladings according to company policy. Ensures correct shipment has been delivered and all product received is accurately recorded in system
· Main point of contact for all inquiries regarding Receiving. Works with internal partners (Accounts Payable and Purchasing) and vendors regarding orders received. Answers questions and provides information to resolve any outstanding issues in a timely manner. Communicates discrepancies to appropriate individuals which many include: Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Vendors, other DC facilities, and/or sales staff.
· Adheres to all protocol regarding the receipt of pedigrees: documents receipt appropriately, confirms shipments are accurate and approvals are obtained prior to distribution; follows up on outstanding approval requests to meet the needs of customer.
· Accountable for all Inbound functions during inspections and audits: keep accurate records, provides information and answers questions
· Schedules all inbound shipments and is main point of contact for carriers regarding initial scheduling and changes.
· Maintains the morgue to include ensuring all items are systematically accounted for and returnable to the vendor; all products are returned per vendor policy; all documentation is filed and maintained.
· Participates on distribution center management team; develops action plans for conducting internal analyses and gap identification. Conducts observations to identify areas for change; conducts analyses to develop action plans to address operational and employee needs
· Conducts daily status meetings with management team to review prior day’s performance and to develop action plan for current day.
· Ensures the timely and accurate processing of customer product returns.
· Ensures high inventory accuracy through daily cycle counts, physical inventories, timely inventory adjustments and vendor returns, and actively monitors morgue inventory.
· Operates and maintains certification for material handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet-jacks, as required.
· Manages Receiver’s performance, including: performance evaluations, training, development, coaching, disciplinary action and attendance management.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for a major in Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other business-related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
· Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
· Must demonstrate strong ability to pay attention to detail
· Highly motivated and results oriented
· Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
· Must be proficient in Microsoft and computer skills
· Experience and knowledge in distribution processes (receiving, shipping and inventory control) required
· Forklift Certification preferred, ability to obtain Forklift Certification required
· Must be able to meet any minimum certification qualification required by any local or state board or licensing agency, as applicable
· Green belt or equivalent in Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma preferred.
Covetrus offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.