- Knowledge of various tools is required for fabrication and repair of plant electrical systems including hand tools, lifts, threaders, benders, drills, and welding equipment.
- Ability to complete lock out/tag out requirements for safety.
- Apply basic electrical and electronic principals in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of plant systems to identify root cause and implement solutions for equipment reliability.
- Continuous understanding and adherence to latest plant electrical standards and procedures including those for hazardous (Classified) Locations, N.E.C (National Electric Code) and plant wiring standards.
- Proper use of basic diagnostic equipment including mulitimeter, ammeter, megger, signal generator, rotation tester, and oscilloscope.
- Properly install conduit, raceway, fittings, etc.
- Install, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on switch gear, control wiring and components, overcurrent and overload protection for plant motor(s) including three phase systems.
- Read and update electrical prints and documentation.
- Program, and troubleshoot plant programmable logic controllers, motion controllers, robotics, input/output devices, and associated equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on plant electrical and electronic equipment to competent level including operator interfaces, process controllers, power supplies, etc.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High School Diploma
- 2 year electrical degree OR 2+ years' electrical experience
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Electrician (Mechanic lll) Primary Location: Fort Dodge, IA US Other Location: Career Area: Hourly Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/7/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20003600