This job is archived
The Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Senior Associate will develop and maintain EHS programs for Zoetis Veterinary Medicine Research & Development (VMRD) in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and in accordance with Zoetis policies and guidelines. These programs are designed to minimize the impact of site operations on the surrounding community and to ensure a safe, compliant workplace for the site’s employees, contingent workers and guests.
- Monitor and investigate work areas, practices, and processes to identify and control potentially hazardous conditions, materials, and behaviors.
- Gather and/or research hazard and risk assessment data on materials, equipment and work processes.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements and internal Zoetis EHS requirements pertaining to all areas of assigned responsibility.
- Maintain awareness of emerging regulatory developments and proactively assess the impact on the site.
- Complete required and recommended training for the role and seek out additional training and best practices to improve program compliance and enhance program effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate and report the status and impact of EHS programs via training sessions, meetings and presentations.
- Be highly engaged as a VMRD EHS Team member and be fully accountable for assigned team deliverables. Organize and prioritize work schedule to meet project and task deadlines.
- Provide instructor-led EHS-related training to new employees and contingent workers. Contribute to the creation of new or updated site-specific training content as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an EHS-related field, engineering, or a similar technical discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 years direct full-time EHS experience.
- Must have knowledge of key EHS subject matter, including the regulations and company policies covering this subject matter.
- EHS-specific experience working within a large, multi-faceted R&D laboratory environment is highly desired.
- Must have relevant experience and demonstratable knowledge in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Biological Safety
- Radiological Safety
- Laboratory Safety
- Waste Management
- Air Emissions Regulations
- Waste Water Regulations
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CIH, CSP, PE, QEP, CHMM) are highly desired.
- Must have proven track record of good decision making and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are critical for this position.
- Candidates must be able to manage emergency situations often under stressful conditions.
- The ability to use hearing, respiratory and eye protection is required.