- Position: Operations Specialist
- Reference Code: R
- Department: Operations
- Location: Nicholasville, Kentucky
- Country: United States
The Operations Specialist Trainee Program is a fast-track career opportunity to become a Manufacturing Plant Manager. The program is designed to quickly move employees through all departments within Operations at Alltech’s Headquarters in Nicholasville, KY. This consists of various training modules including Production, Scheduling, Logistics, Inventory, Purchasing and Customer Service. Several weeks are spent in each area, giving the employee an understanding of how to produce and move our products in the most efficient and effective way, as well as Alltech’s business practices. The training program is approximately 12 - 16 months long. Upon completion of the training program, employees are placed within one of Alltech’s Operations Facilities as a Plant Manager. As Plant Manager, the individual will be responsible for development and enforcement of applicable operational, quality, compliance and safety goals and objectives for the site. This individual will utilize Alltech’s Microsoft AX Dynamics ERP system as designed for all areas of responsibility; including but not limited to production, scheduling, and inventory control.
Alltech has manufacturing facilities around the world and throughout the United States; any of which the graduating Operation Specialist could go and serve as Plant Manager or other management position.
- Manage manufacturing and operational budget, including COGS
- Responsible for driving cost reductions and production efficiencies
- Control costs for all aspects of operations
- Maintain and promote safe work habits among all employees
- Responsible for ERP management and efficiencies
• Proven strong communication skills
• Proven strong sense of leadership
• Fast and effective problem solving abilities
• Prior success with project management skills
• Must be a self-starter
• Solid mathematical background
• Willing and able to relocate and travel
• Bachelor’s Degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Please email resumes to [Register to View]
No Phone Calls Please