This job is archived
This position supports US Marketing, Leadership, and other teams by using primary and secondary data assets to deliver secondary business insights, analytical support, industry trends, and tracking reports. It will also support ad-hoc secondary analyses and forecasting inputs/outputs for the broader Strategy team.
- Support the animal health brand teams and commercial leadership by designing and implementing secondary analyses and select market/industry quantitative studies to provide insights on brand performance and marketing initiatives.
- Develop and monitor weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics, reports and dashboards based on Zoetis secondary data sources. Develop and manage ongoing secondary tracking systems.
- Provide strategic and tactical analytical support and recommendations to Marketing teams, through analysis and interpretation of secondary and primary market research data. Use primary marketing research knowledge/awareness as needed to create secondary insights. Work with vendor to develop forecast assumptions, inputs, and ongoing adjustments to forecasts.
- Support product forecasting inputs, assumptions, and analyses. Liaise between Marketing and external partners to ensure quality forecasting for supported products. In conjunction with marketers, create forecasting presentations that depict expected market/product performance and rationale for performance by synthesizing forecasting input data and primary market research.
- Partner with Marketing team leads to create and augment business presentations that tell compelling stories about current business conditions and expected market trends. Synthesize primary data, in partnership with Market Research managers, to provide colorful secondary market insights for management.
- Deliver market and industry insights using all in-house data resources, syndicated studies, and public domain; track relevant animal health and population public domain statistics as needed to fuel insights
- Support product and market opportunity assessments, situational analyses, trend identification, market sizing and competitive landscape research.
- Manage metrics to track brand strategy, tactics, and market performance.
- Support quick turnaround ROI analyses to support Marketing management and to course adjust brand team investment.
- Work with data vendors to assure:
- Development/maintenance of secondary reports
- Automation of reports, where possible
- QC of deliverables for accuracy
- Provide insights into sales data/activity and key trends or watch points for each business unit
- Manage all aspects of Zoetis secondary data for the Petcare, Poultry, Pork, Equine and Diagnostics teams. Continuously evaluate existing secondary data insights and reporting to ensure business decisions are informed by secondary resource, analyses, and insights.
- Design and execute all ad-hoc secondary analyses using all available secondary data sources.
- Support all Marketing forecasting initiatives with secondary data from syndicated sources and primary insights from Market Research quantitative and qualitative studies. Keep up to date on Zoetis primary market research results that will be used provide insightful analyses of the secondary data.
- Monitor public domain information via internal monitoring platforms and deliver key insights to Marketing and Marketing Research teams on a regular basis.
- Design and execute select quantitative studies via an external supplier to inform Marketers of industry trends.
- Partner with marketing coordinator to maintain Market Research data encyclopedia.
- Manage all aspects of internal secondary data. Partner with suppliers to deliver rich secondary insights supported by primary research and public domain industry events and data.
- Provide insights and secondary data analysis for valuations to support the strategic plans and product P&L, such as modeling different forecast scenarios to optimize launch execution
All Zoetis US Marketing teams and the Zoetis US Market Research team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, science, or quantitative disciplines, such as mathematics, or statistics. Master’s degree preferred. Willing to consider solid quantative industry experience with proven track record in place of specific education degree.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the knowledge and ability to understand the big picture overarching business objectives:
- Experience in managing and analyzing various data types
- Able to analyze both secondary and primary market research findings, in partnership with primary market research, to create insights (whys) of how secondary data relate to primary findings.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze complex data, extract business relevant information and communicate findings via written and oral communication
- Strong written skills and ability to communicate written insights with respect to business implications.
- Working knowledge of the forecasting discipline and its components and ability to translate business data and research findings into forecasting inputs. Ability to outline/design a quantitative research study to power a forecast.
- Proven team player with the ability to work independently:
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work cross-functionally with multiple marketing teams.
- Required: 5+ years of relevant full-time work and business analyses experience.
- Animal Health care industry experience and knowledge of animal health data sources is a plus.
- Business travel of up to 10% is expected
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Demonstrated proficiency with key Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook programs.
Ability to learn and quickly master secondary data management systems.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.