This job is archived
The Manager of Market Research is responsible for delivering insights to Marketers that facilitate informed business decisions at the product and corporate levels. The Manager will also make strategic and tactical recommendations to guide brand and corporate strategy based on market knowledge and primary/secondary data. Key functions include conducting qualitative and quantitative studies – via internal tools and external suppliers - to support brand initiatives. The Manager will also monitor secondary data, request ad-hoc inquiries and partner with marketers to analyze secondary trends and interpret data, using primary research findings to offer color to the insights. Other responsibilities include liaising with media mix and forecasting specialists to provide key inputs into both areas, review findings/output and recommend next steps.
The Manager, Market Research will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing market research projects that facilitate evidence based decision making strategies for in-line and new products within Zoetis
- Serving as a strategic consultant to Marketing teams(s) and proactively advising on and recommending business decisions and supporting market research initiatives
- Proactively recommending strategic initiatives to further Zoetis corporate and therapeutic-area business objectives; working closely with Marketing customers to meet/exceed market understanding needs
- Partnering with Marketing team(s) to determine short-term (12-month) and long-range (1-5 years) product lifecycle needs and devising research plans to fulfill strategic needs
- Supporting strategic Market Research initiatives by participating on cross-species project teams when requested to support Zoetis-wide sales force and other ex-Marketing needs
- Serving, as needed, as a mentor as to other newer market research team members and providing support and training as necessary.
- Developing a network of external suppliers to ensure the best and most appropriate suppliers are used for each project, ensuring that ad hoc and emergent research is completed with excellence in the most efficient timeframe, leveraging key strengths of selected supplier
- Expanding the Marketing customers’ understanding of relevant markets, customers, competition and the changing environment.
- Proactively communicating strategic insights, market and competitive intelligence and market events
- Plan and execute all aspects of qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary market research for one or more species Marketing teams, supporting multiple products.
- Coordinate, collaborate and work closely with species leadership and related teams
- Provide in-line brand support for Companion Animal and/or Livestock (e.g. Cattle & Swine teams)
- Develop insights to understand the unmet need and clarify the value proposition of the product to key customer segments
- Collaborate extensively with external primary and secondary suppliers (e.g., Vetstreet, C-Space/Hatch) to ensure completion of timely, accurate and insightful market research studies and continued Marketing access to and analysis of key secondary data and insights.
- Lead MR department sub-group meetings such as C-Space and Vetstreet to ensure that Zoetis customer needs are met and supplier capabilities are maximized. Coordinate and prioritize Zoetis use of supplier resources to meet and exceed business needs
- Organize meetings with opinion leaders, practitioners and other related groups to lay groundwork for better positioning for the new product as needed.
- Provide insights and secondary data analysis for valuations to support the strategic plans and product P&L, such as modeling different forecast scenarios to optimize launch execution
- Leverage cross species experience, knowledge and understanding to add value through insight and advice built on a platform of excellent research
- Multiple external suppliers
- 1-2 internal business units or portion thereof, depending on business needs
This position will not have direct budget responsibility but will be required to manage/spend within a budget allocated for designated therapeutic areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Demonstrated leadership experience in Market Research, strategic analytics, and synthesis of insights into actionable strategies to include:
- Experience in strategic analytics including Secondary and Industry data analysis with expertise in Market Research and Competitive Intelligence.
- Successful track record of developing customer insights and understanding US market dynamics across species in both B2B and B2C environments.
- Ability to analyze complex data, extract business relevant information and communicate findings effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Required: 5+ years experience to include a combination of Market Research, Business Development, New Product Marketing, Lifecycle Management or Strategy Consultant experience
- Required: Animal Health care industry experience across multiple species - Companion Animal, Swine, Cattle or Poultry
- BS or BA required. Advanced degree in relevant business area or MBA preferred
- Demostrated proficiency and comfort in presenting research results and communicating ideas/topics clearly and concisely verbally and via Powerpoint
- Excellent business writing skills
- Business travel of 10-20% is expected
- Proficient with MS Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Demonstrated competency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook programs
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Ability to travel within US and ex-US is required.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.