Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
RESEARCH INTERN – PROTEIN biochemist
Location: Fort Collins, CO
This summer intern will use chemistry and biochemistry to generate and evaluate the biochemical properties of biotherapeutics through a series of ligand binding assays intended to characterize the reactivity of each therapeutic. Data should be fully analyzed and communicated within the protein therapeutics group.
Internship Job Duties:
- Summer intern will learn and execute peptide generation and ligand binding experiments aimed to measure reactivity of biotherapeutics.
- Work with a team to make and assess substrate and obtain necessary reagents and antibodies to perform protein characterization.
- Optimize parameters within experiment and troubleshoot unexpected results or errors in assay.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate all data across the protein therapeutics team.
- Student is expected to work under remote management as well as within a team located in Fort Collins.
- Undergraduate or Graduate student seeking a BS, MS or PhD in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar field
- Experience with methods of measuring protein-protein interactions and general chemistry techniques
- Knowledge of monoclonal antibodies and their use as therapeutics
- Works well in a team setting and adheres to safety practices
- Is comfortable working under remote management (with secondary mentors on-site).
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & analytical skills
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
Zoetis discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines, vaccines and diagnostic products, which are complemented by biodevices, genetic tests and precision livestock farming. Zoetis serves veterinarians, livestock producers and people who raise and care for farm and companion animals in more than 100 countries.