BIOCHEMISTRY RESEARCH INTERN -EXPRESSION AND PURIFICATION OF NEW THERAPEUTICS
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
In this role, the intern will help to identify, express, and purify new biotherapeutics. The expression system to be applied will be ExpiCHO or HEK-293 cells, which will be followed by purification and characterization. The result will be presented to the ZINC and the purified proteins will be tested in several assays by other teams as well.
Internship Job Duties:
- Optimize parameters of the expression systems and troubleshoot unexpected results
- Expression of recombinant proteins using ExpiCHO cells
- Expression of recombinant proteins using HEK-293 cells
- Purification and characterization of the expressed proteins
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate all data to ZINC
- Undergraduate seeking a BS or MS in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or similar field
- Knowledge of monoclonal antibodies and their use as therapeutics
- Works well in a team setting
- Is comfortable working under remote management (with secondary mentors on-site)
- Enrolled in a degree program during the Spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & analytical skills
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View]
to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View]
In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.