- Position: Research Analyst – Chemistry & Toxicology Research
- Reference Code: R
- Department: Research
- Location: Nicholasville, KY
- Country: United States
Alltech is a global leader in the animal and health nutritional industry, focused on natural scientific solutions to today's biggest agriculture and food industry challenges. Alltech delivers on this vision by improving plant, feed and food quality through nutrition and scientific innovation.
We seek a highly motivated Laboratory Technician with a minimum of 2 years of experience to support Alltech’s routine research and development efforts and analytical needs for routine implementation of bioassays and analytical assays.Responsibilities
- Collaborate in a wide multidisciplinary research environment.
- Carry out routine bioassays by means of ELISA techniques, colorimetric or fluorescent methods.
- Carry out extraction processing for the isolations of active substances and further quantification in feed or food or other matrices.
- Maintain eucaryotic cell cultures and bacterial cultures.
- Use of separative technology such as liquid chromatography; use of in-gel/off-gel separative techniques for protein isolation (electrophoresis) and quantification; use of PCR.
- Experimental troubleshooting.
- Maintain laboratory records in accordance with company standards.
- Applicant must be proficient in Mass spectrometry to apply for this position.
- BS or higher in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field. Masters preferred.
- Proficient in the use of bioassays (ELISA, Immunological assays, etc.).
- Proficient in protein separation and quantification.
- Knowledge in separation and purification techniques.
- Experience in cell culture or microbiology considered as a plus.
- Knowledge in liquid chromatography considered as a plus.
- Knowledge in histology (digestive) considered as a plus.
- Laboratory experience imperative.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot assays.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to effectively interface with other members of the group and to interact with direct supervisors.
- Ability to write technical documents, scientific reports.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefits package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.Contact Info
Please submit cover letter, resume/CV to [Register to View] style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] style="font-size:12.0pt">. No recruiters or phone calls please.