This job is archived
Location: U.S. Remote (East Coast Time zone)
JOB SUMMARY: Product Owner for ‘On-Market’ devices accountable for maximizing the value of Zoetis’ Point-of-Care Diagnostic Ecosystem in an agile, continuous development environment. Responsibilities include developing and explicitly communicating Product Goals, Product Backlog items, and ensuring prioritization that maximizes customer value. This role requires a laser focus on elevating the customer experience and partnering with key internal stakeholders to ensure success. Products will include worldwide responsibility.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the Product Owner role in Agile environment for all ‘On-Market’ point-of-care products, including maintaining user stories, backlog, and roadmap.
- Work directly with external customers as well as internal stakeholders including Dx Product Management and VMRD to ensure best-in-class customer experience via Connectivity & Information Enablement.
- Assess value, develop cases, prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Possess fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience involving the Zoetis Point-of-Care Diagnostic ecosystem.
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the Connectivity roadmaps for the products.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Utilize data, metrics and system tools to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and to maximize customer experience. Identify problems, obstacles and opportunities and proactively takes action to address issues. Strive for continuous improvement.
- Communicate with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed.
- Provide internal and external customer feedback and leads/participates in teams related to new or ongoing project work and other areas as needed.
- Prepare reports and other information summarizing work activities and reports results to peer groups as well as senior management. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
- Maintain knowledge of Company business and data management knowledge as well as changes and developments in the industry affecting work activities. May participate in outside industry groups and forums related to business activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience as a Product Owner for a software product (2-5+ years)
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and process
- Solid reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues and perform prioritization exercises
- Influencing skills to gain commitment and support for decisions and motivate the organization to support the product line
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong/advanced presentation skills; ability to present and explain product information to all audiences
- Strong personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- This position would also require managing external customer relationships and travel both domestically and internationally (up to 25%).