- Position: Research Animal Care Manager
- Reference Code: R
- Department: Research
- Location: Nicholasville, KY
- Country: United States
Alltech is a global leader in the animal and health nutritional industry, focused on natural scientific solutions to today's biggest agriculture and food industry challenges. Alltech is in Nicholasville, Kentucky and has a global team of more than 6,000 people around the world who share in the vision of sustaining and nourishing the world's plants, animals and people. Alltech delivers on this vision by improving plant, feed and food quality through nutrition and scientific innovation, particularly yeast-based technology. Our team is fully committed to helping plants and animals achieve their full potential while supporting producers in greater efficiency, profitability and sustainability.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily care of animals at the research farm (include equine and ruminants) and for assisting in animal care at the aquaculture center as needed.
- Schedule activities of animal care staff. May be required to provide 24-hour a day emergency animal care (including weekends and holidays).
- Work with research scientists and managers to coordinate animal care activities and facilitate on-going research efforts. Provide support for research activities as defined by written protocols, and see that research is completed in a safe, timely and appropriate manner.
- Oversee the health and well-being of all animals. This includes scheduling visits by veterinarians and other health care professionals. Keep appropriate records on all animal care and research activity.
- Maintain the appearance and functional capabilities of animal research facilities. Maintain an adequate supply of all feed, bedding, equipment and health supplies. Manage all waste and litter disposal for animal facilities.
- Assure animal care meets or exceed standards set by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee as outlined in IACUC-approved standard operating procedures.
- Communicate openly and effectively with research managers regarding animal health, care and research efforts.
- Maintain appropriate written records as required by the research managers and IACUC.
- Assist in tours and other Alltech sponsored events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or a closely related scientific field, or equivalent experience in animal care and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefits package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.Contact Info
No recruiters or phone calls please.