Joining Purina means you’re joining one of the most emotional categories in the world – pet care. At our very core, we’re a human environment – passionate people mastering cutting-edge technology to continuously improve the greater mission of pet care.
As the Manager of the Strategic Planning Group, you will report into the Director of Strategic Planning Group, and are responsible for the exploration, assessment, and development of mid to long term potential business opportunities, gaps, and disruptions. Specific work will include landscaping, assessing strategic priorities, developing incubation recommendations, and executing incubation activities. Overall this work is focused on early learning, confidence-building, and with an eye to potential scale-up/commercial handoff to business units. This person must be comfortable working with complex information, deriving insights from many data points, connecting ‘dots’ to see new opportunities and leading ambiguous projects. In this role, you must be a strong lateral thinker, an insightful problem solver and have experience leading cross-functional teams through challenging projects.
Pet ownership isn’t a requirement of this role, but passion is. With an innate curiosity to learn and by challenging the status quo, you will reframe opportunities and influence others. To succeed, you must be resourceful and have an entrepreneurial bias for getting things done.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support trends identification and analysis for organizational foresight and forecasting.
- Integrate information from multiple data sources – industry, macro, economic, technology, etc. to identify potential opportunities, gaps, and disruptors for the Purina business
- Develop appropriate and convincing narratives to bring assessment information to life and effectively influence the organizational stakeholders to support recommended actions.
- Support and/or lead ‘Blitz’ workshops to identify and prioritize the top risks, assumptions, and KPI’s to measure the value of an innovation idea.
- Support/Lead the creation and sell-in clear incubation plans (and options) with identified milestones and resources required to the Strategy Council.Support/Lead an approved Incubation project team in the execution of the plan and ‘experiments’ to drive learning and refinement of Consumer Value Propositions, Business Models, and commercial intent (business plans for scale-up)
- Support/Lead the assessment & determine market opportunity ‘size of prize’ for incubations, and financial model/proformas for the business.
- Identify key insights and required changes and ‘pivots’ for successful Consumer Desirability, Technical Feasibility, and Business Viability
- Build industry expertise to identify gaps, opportunities, consumer pain points and able develop potential solutions to address these using your imagination and creativity to bring these to life.
- Remain current and savvy about new techniques for starting businesses and alternative market testing. Build a network of entrepreneurs to learn and to gain experience from.
This role may require up to 15% travel as business needs require. We’re following local guidelines to keep our employees safe and non-essential business travel is currently paused due to COVID-19. Please feel comfortable asking your Recruiter for more details on current essential or non-essential travel practices and policies.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- 3+ years professional experience in Marketing, Consumer Research, Innovation, Strategy, Tech/Investment Scouting, Business Development, or related field.
- Industry experience in one or more of the following is a plus: Economics, Consulting, Tech/Investment Scouting, Healthcare, Sustainability, Technology, Consumer Goods
- Knowledge of or experience with the following a plus: Design Strategy, Agile Business development, LEAN Methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, think strategically and an ability to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to research broad and deeply topics and create executive level reports with recommendations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Manager, Strategic Planning Group Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20004747