This position is responsible for operating process equipment and following all site operating, Quality, cGMP, and safety procedures associated with manufacturing of bulk medicated feed additives (MFA) from raw material to finished product. Incumbent must be able to clearly and frequently communicate with various functions within the site, including production, maintenance, quality operations, fermentation development, and administration.
Candidate must be able to work the hours of 2nd shift (2:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m.) and/ or 3rd shift (10:00 pm – 6:00 am).
- Selects and weighs components in accordance with established manufacturing directions (batch records).
- Selects and moves components to weighing area or dumping station.
- Examines finished products to determine consistency and blend characteristics. Samples products according to Quality Control procedures.
- Selects and records lot number and weights of all materials, reconciles weights and yields on batch formulation sheet.
- Packages all finished goods according to batch specifications. Reconciles quantity packages with production yield.
- Assigns dates and lot numbers to product labels and affixes labels to packaged product.
- Maintains mixing and packaging equipment. Responsible for cleanliness of work area and adherence to OSHA and GMP. Cleans equipment on a regular basis and as needed.
- Operates forklift to move and store raw materials, in process, and finished goods.
- Performs regular safety inspections and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Checks calibration of scales and maintains inspection log.
- Reports any inconsistency in color, odor, etc., in raw or manufactured materials to Plant Manager.
- Recommends improvements to product appearance, flow, and packaging.
- Assists Mechanic as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Six (6) months experience as a manufacturing process operator is required, preferably working with chemical or batch type production or equivalent.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to methodically perform multiple tasks associated with the production process;
- Ability to work well in a self-directed, team environment;
- Capable of communicating well with other employees relative to production issues;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions;
- Aptitude to operate blending equipment and terminals;
- Proficiency with computers, including e-mail, internet, and online training modules;
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
- Ability to access all areas of production facility and to routinely lift 50 pounds;
- Capable of operating a forklift; current operator license desired;
- Desire to comply and remain conscious of safety and quality regulations at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and access all areas of the plant. Must be able to work a 3rd shift position from 10:00 pm – 6:00 am.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.