Purpose of Job:
The Instrument Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the daily production requirements of Chemistry Instruments as well as providing leadership and oversight to production associates. The ideal candidate will effectively manage their resources to meet production requirements, identify and support the implementation of cost savings initiatives, and develop their associates to meet the needs of the business. The Instrument Manufacturing Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining procedures and practices to assure that all manufactured instruments meet quality management system and regulatory requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities – including but not limited to:
- Ensures manufacturing is following cGMP practices and identifies opportunities to update documentation to maximize repeatability of processes in the most efficient manner possible.
- Understands personnel requirements through capacity planning with demand requirements and review of standard work.
- Monitors daily workflow through direct floor supervision of personnel, developing/optimizing metrics, and is accountable for meeting requirements around Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Inventory and Personnel.
- Has risk mitigation plans in place to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Identifies and supports implementation of cost savings projects, including capital equipment, and supports continuous improvement programs.
- Implement the appropriate programs to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Responsible for cross-training program and creation of career progression plans through clear roles and responsibilities for the different levels of associates.
- Reviews and improves Device History Records submissions to QA for review and release.
- Tracking of WIP materials and adjusting resources to meet quarterly build requirements.
- Communicates critical updates to the team and stakeholders.
- Writes and conducts yearly performance reviews that are consistent with feedback provided to team members throughout the year.
- Proven ability to meet production requirements and adapt to changing environments.
- Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams that leads to improvement of processes and improving our customer experience.
- Can effectively communicate requirements and needs to leadership as well as business requirements to their team.
- Work closely with engineering on IQ/OQ/PQ activities and can drive change control throughout the manufacturing process.
- Experience in utilizing P2M and M2D modules in SAP ERP system to perform transactions, primarily in reporting.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Bills of Materials and Routings.
- Demonstrated ability to build and motivate a high performing team through developing and empowering team members.
- Strong analytical skills that support activities such as root cause investigation.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive environment that collaborates to support internal and external requirements.
- Knowledge of IPC standards and implementation of IPC inspection procedures.
- Basic Understanding of electronic circuits and ability to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Working knowledge of electromechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge and implementation of GMP, including LEAN MFG practices.
- Is required to be onsite to perform their job responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, work around moving machinery and be around equipment that produces moderate noise.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4-year Degree in related field preferred
- GMP training and experience preferably in a medical device company