This job description reflects assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the task that may be assigned.
- Performs daily set-up, adjustments and shutdown of base-cover ultrasonic welders.
- Adjusts/maintains welders during production to meet goals for:
- Quality as measured by welding yield
- Capacity as measured by welding downtime
- Documents daily process data on manufacturing forms/paperwork and enters production data into data-tracking spreadsheets.
- Quickly identifies issues/failures during routine manufacturing and either resolves or elevates in a timely manner to Lead Technician.
- Completes weekly preventative maintenance on base cover ultrasonic welders.
- Performs welder set-up for bead calibration builds and other special build.
- Maintains inventory of supplies for welding process (cork, tape, and other ancillary materials).
- Assists Manufacturing staff with other manufacturing activities on an as needed basis, when not occupied with primary function of welder operation.
EDUCATION and EXPERINCE REQUIRMENTS:
H.S. Diploma; AA Degree in Technical/ Scientific discipline is a strong plus
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRMENTS:
- Sufficient mechanical aptitude to perform welder adjustments as described in work instructions.
- Able to work independently and complete assigned task with minimal routine supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and reproducibility of operations and product.
- Able to perform microscope inspection of parts up to several hours per day.
- Good communication skills: read, write, and communicate clearly to carefully and consistently follow procedure
- Available to work on any shift assigned, flexibility to periodically shift schedule start time.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office.
Shift Hours : 12HR (AM SHIFT)Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.