This job is archived
Fill Equipment Support: Prepare equipment for aseptic fill processes by following the disassembly, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, and sterilization procedures. Requires fine motor skills for small component manipulation, hand washing of equipment, and utilization of automatic dishwashers and autoclaves.
This position is responsible for preparing and maintaining ancillary fill operation equipment for aseptic procedures. Preparing and maintaining steps include, but are not limited to disassembly, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, and sterilization of the equipment. Must be capable of following written instructions for each equipment assembly.
When not performing specific equipment tasks, the position supports other department functions such as aseptic filling operations in accordance with all applicable GMPs and Corporate/site procedures and policies.
- Execution of equipment assembly specific procedures within a GMP environment.
- Execute all written procedures, including disassembly, cleaning, assembly, wrapping, and sterilization of equipment assemblies.
- Ability to maintain and edit, as appropriate, departmental cGMP documentation.
- Load, operate, and unload autoclaves to sterilize equipment assemblies and raw materials.
- Order supplies from Warehouse inventory.
- Follow and comply with all site safety procedures.
- Identify ways to improve the safety culture of the department.
- Collaborate with appropriate maintenance and support personnel to investigate and repair any broken or damaged components.
- Effectively work in a team environment and communicate with multiple departments.
- Ability to mentor and train co-workers. Provide department oversight as requested including shift change, schedule changes, etc.
Education and Experience
- High school education or GED required.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience is highly beneficial.
- Post High School education in the Sciences or other related disciplines preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and / or Operator I level beneficial.
- Good mathematical, science and computer skills preferred.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, push/pull, and handle/grip frequently.
- Must be able to tolerate air temperatures between 60 – 75F and routine water exposure