Under close supervision, the Manufacturing Support Technician will be trained to perform procedures in compliance with warehousing activities, standard operating procedures and the movement of gods and materials in and out of the building 1 biological production area.
Learn and practice basic aseptic procedures as per training and SOP’s
• Assist with reading and reporting testing results using scientific instruments
• Demonstrate reliability in attendance and punctuality
• Learn and comply with SOP’s and associated documentation necessary to perform job functions
• Learn and assist in the completion of documentation including process worksheets, reports, log sheets
• Train in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), then demonstrate understanding and compliance
• Clean areas, as applicable, according to specific SOP’s
• Assist in maintaining adequate supplies in the production area
• Demonstrate safe work habits and maintain a safe work environment. Understand and comply with safety SOP’s and procedures (Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) guidelines, Near Miss, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), biohazard training, Monthly Safety trainings, etc.) May be required to handle hazardous waste.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform mathematical calculations and metric conversions
• Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills within and outside the department using verbal, written, and non-verbal skills
• Become certified operator of electric material handling equipment (i.e. electric pallet jack, tank tugger, etc.), as applicable
• Perform supplemental duties as assigned by supervision
Education and Experience
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Demonstrate basic mechanical skills
• Demonstration of personal computer usage
Technical Skills and Competencies
• Demonstrate good communication skills. Read, interpret, and apply safety procedures, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and departmental procedures. Communicate effectively with peers and Team Leader. Document steps accurately and legibly
• Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Perform conversions within the metric system. Complete controlled documents and inventory calculations using basic match
• Understand and apply instructions in written, oral, and/or diagram formats. Multitask. Ability to recognize product quality issues based on company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Demonstrates good listening skills. Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment.
Expresses a positive attitude and shows respect for co-workers.
• Six months prior warehousing and/or manufacturing experience.
• Familiar with computer using window based applications
Physical Position Requirements
THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE PRINCIPLE DUTIES OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE PRINCIPLE DUTIES.
• Manual dexterity using hands and fingers
• Constant standing for extended periods
• Frequent need to sit, kneel, crouch, and climb; reach with hands and arms
• Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
• Ability to work flexible hours including work weekend, holiday, and overtime
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING PRINCIPLE DUTIES OF THIS JOB. NOTED PERSONNEL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT (PPE) MUST BE UTILIZED WHILE ON THE JOB.
• High noise levels Hearing Protection as required
• Frequent exposure to heavy items ANSI 75 Safety shoes required
• Exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals PPE as required
• Exposure to moving mechanical parts Ensure safety shields are always in place
• Exposure to extreme temperature variations PPE as required