The Production Operator is responsible for operating process equipment and following all site operating, Quality, cGMP, and safety procedures associated with manufacturing of bulk medicated feed additives (MFA) from raw material to finished product. Incumbent must be able to clearly and frequently communicate with various functions within the site, including production, maintenance, quality operations, engineering, fermentation development, and administration. Incumbent must also be able to work all shifts.
- Selects and weighs components in accordance with established manufacturing directions (batch records).
- Selects and moves components to weighing area or dumping station.
- Examines finished products to determine consistency and blend characteristics.
- Samples products according to Quality Control procedures.
- Selects and records lot number and weights of all materials,
- Reconciles weights and yields on batch formulation sheet.
- Packages all finished goods according to batch specifications.
- Reconciles quantity packages with production yield.
- Assigns dates and lot numbers to product labels and affixes labels to packaged product.
- Maintains mixing and packaging equipment. Cleans work area and adheres to OSHA and GMP.
- Cleans equipment on a regular basis and as needed.
- Operates forklift to move and store raw materials, in process, and finished goods.
- Performs regular safety inspections and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Checks calibration of scales and maintains inspection log. Assists Mechanic as required.
- Reports any inconsistency in color, odor, etc., in raw or manufactured materials to Plant Manager.
- Recommends improvements to product appearance, flow, and packaging.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Six (6) months experience as a manufacturing process operator is required, preferably working with chemical or batch type production or equivalent
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to methodically perform multiple tasks associated with the production process;
- Ability to work well in a self-directed, team environment;
- Capable of communicating well with other employees relative to production issues;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow instructions;
- Aptitude to operate blending equipment and terminals;
- Proficiency with computers, including e-mail, internet, and online training modules;
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations;
- Ability to access all areas of production facility and to routinely lift 55 pounds;
- Capable of operating a forklift, and current operator license desired;
- Desire to comply and remain conscious of safety and quality regulations at all times.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to accomplish moderate lifting, repeatedly move up to 55 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Ability to operate a fork truck safely and efficiently.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can also be expected.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Use of required personal protective equipment is required.