This job is archived
Zoetis, the global leader in animal health, is looking for an engaged and driven individual to join our packaging team. Zoetis has been leading animal health since its inception in 2012 and we pride ourselves on providing all manner of quality solutions for our customer’s animal health needs.
A Packaging Operator is an entry level position that performs general pharmaceutical production related tasks and responsibilities in a lean manufacturing environment. This includes inspection and packaging of products, as well as material handling and setup of packaging lines with “right first time” accuracy and efficiency. This postion requires high attention to detail with regard to ensuring a quality product is provided to our customers and ensuring production related documents are complete and correct according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs). This position also requires the use of Microsoft applications and good organizational skills in order to maintain an orderly work environment. All activities are conducted within a safety-minded culture that strives for continuous improvement.
This position is an ideal first step for those seeking to enter the pharmaceutical production industry. If you have an engaged work ethic and enjoy the challenge of maximizing quality and efficiency as part of a high performance team, this may be a great opportunity for you!
Required skills, education, and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Basic math, English communication skills, legible penmanship, and reading comprehension
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Basic use of Microsoft applications and general computer skills
- Effective interpersonal communication and a positive outlook
- Candidates cannot be allergic to Cephalosporin/Penicillin
Preferred candidate qualifications:
- Basic mechanical skills and experience in the use of various hand tools
- Experience in a Lean Production and/or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cGMPs and production practices
- Reliable transportation and good attendance/time management skills
Physical and Time requirements:
- Routine lifting of 20-50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and standing
- Flexible hours and overtime, up to every other weekend, may be required
- Manual dexterity and ability to keep up with pace of production standards
- Work Environment: Colleague could be exposed to airborne particles, including cephalosporin. Must work near moving mechanical parts. Eye protection and other personal protective equipment are required.
- SHIFT TIMES: 6:00am-2:30pm & 2:00pm-10:30pm