Since 1997, our King William factory has been a major producer of the nation’s cat litter supply. Located on Tidy Cat Road just 25 miles northeast of Richmond, our 40-acre plant site is built adjacent to a 486-acre clay mine, so we’re able to efficiently and effectively mine, process, package and ship raw material and finished product from the same facility. We operate three shifts five days a week to mass produce both our conventional and clumping cat litter that supplies the mid-Atlantic region with nearly a third of a million tons annually—and over half a million tons by 2016. For 50 years, brands like Tidy Cats® have combined the highest quality ingredients and science to even the most disposable products. The 70’s advanced into microencapsulated deodorant, by the 90’s we were clumping and scooping, and in 2000 we introduced Crystals® made from silica gel, and designed to last 30 days between changes. Innovation continues today. In 2013, Nestlé Purina revolutionized the cat litter category, producing LightWeight® litter, which has all the strength, but only half the weight of conventional litter. These and future innovations have created demand that our King William, VA plant is proud to meet.
As the Environmental and Energy Specialist you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining environmental compliance at the factory while participating in Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) Initiatives and Methodology. You will provide training and ensure proper communication at all levels of the Factory to ensure preparation and compliance for Federal, State, and Local Government regulations. In addition, you will actively contribute to major environmental projects and perform environmental reviews of capital projects. Other responsibilities include the management of the factory’s waste and energy budgets (electric, natural gas, fuel oil) and reporting. As the lead on efforts in energy usage conservation and reductions, you will be an ambassador for environmental awareness and act as liaison between the factory internal teams and the community on environmental concerns.
- Oversee all hazardous waste management activities in compliance with divisional standards
- Prepare and file permit applications while acting as liaison with local and regional regulatory officials
- Ensure that Energy and Water (Utility Bills) are correct and Establish estimates for Energy
- Coordinate in house inspections of facility environmental features as required by permits, plans, and regulations
- Ensure that spill and pollution prevention plan requirements including monitoring, inspections, recordkeeping, and training are met
- Ensure the requirements of NEMS, ISO 14001, and the Nestle Purina environmental program are implemented throughout the facility
- Propose local strategies for achieving and measuring continuous improvement in environmental performance
- Utilize lead auditor training to train others at the facility as needed to perform routine internal audits
**All other duties as assigned.**
Associates Degree and 3+ years’ experience in environmental compliance or related field
Bachelor’s Degree and 1+ years’ experience in environmental compliance or related field
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Environmental Specialist Primary Location: King William, VA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005160