Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers.
As an armed Security Specialist, you will support the Corporate Security lead in matters pertaining to physical security and guarding operations. You will report to the Site Security manager and will work alongside a robust team ensuring the protection of campus personnel, assets and operations.
- Perform mobile patrols and static observations of Nestle Purina’s corporate campus; observe and report illegal and suspicious activity to the Site’s Security Operations Center; protect site from illegal entry and serves as a visual deterrent against criminal activity towards local assets, operations and personnel.
- Provide immediate intervention to deescalate hostile situations by applying appropriate levels of control along a force continuum; maintain high levels of proficiency with multiple protective devices, to include firearms, meeting jurisdictional and department standards.
- Provide emergency services and rescue, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid during sudden illnesses or injury; maintains order and the safety of employees and visitors, in the event of an emergency and during special events. Notify, coordinate and advise local first responders as needed.
- Conduct initial investigations into security infractions and crimes committed against property or employees; prepare concise and detailed reports through data management systems to capture and communicate key findings to security management.
- Investigate and respond to calls for service, intrusion and other life safety alarms; check for unsafe conditions, hazards, security violations, and unauthorized persons; inspect buildings, grounds and security devices; protect evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; set up barriers and signage, and provide direction or information to others.
- Advise security management on all matters pertaining to security patrol activities and provide direction to subordinate security staff.
- Support Site Security personnel with manpower needs to ensure continuity of day-to-day security operations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Associate’s degree is required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years of verifiable work experience in law enforcement is required.
- Graduate of a state recognized, basic law enforcement-training program is required.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain, a Corporate Security Advisor (CSA) license from Missouri Department of Public Safety within first year of hire is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- POST Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training (active/inactive) OR Federal equivalent is required.
- Oleoresin Capsicum.
- De-escalation techniques.
- Must pass an enhanced company and third-party licensing authority’s background investigation, psychological assessment and drug screening.
- Knowledge and experience regarding state, local and federal laws, regulations and proven security practices.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously while exercising sound judgment with limited guidance or supervision.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple business units to ensure achievement of security objectives.
- Ability to act and remain poised during stressful, emergency situations to exercise and support proper decision making and judgement.
- Conscious use of discretion and the ability to discuss and respond to sensitive issues.
- Working knowledge of investigation protocol, including interview techniques, reporting, and legal requirements.
- Proficient with common Office tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Security Specialist Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20004790