Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers.
The SOC Communications Specialist is a full-time position in which you will perform full functioning communications work by handling radio traffic both to and from patrol officers and other departments being monitored. You will answer incoming on-campus emergency line (2222) and non-emergency telephone calls from the public and other law enforcement entities.
You will work both broadcast and desk operations entering, retrieving and disseminating information in the Resolver program and any other computer systems including, but not limited to, REJIS, Simplex, Lenel access control system and ExacqVision. You may also be involved with performing the operation, maintenance, and construction of the key components utilized throughout Purina property.
- Dispatch patrol officers by radio in response to requests for services according to established priorities and procedures and maintain location and status of all mobile units with computer aided dispatch (Resolver)
- Utilize the approved Resolver program to dispatch patrol officers crime networking for service as requested, and as needed
- Determine location of emergency calls and use the Resolver program to route calls to the proper location with as much detail as possible and also dispatch emergency and lifesaving equipment as needed
- Log daily activities, immediately, into the computerized incident tracking program (Resolver) to record every incident
- Operate radio system to maintain constant contact with officers on a main radio channel, provide radio service to all mobile units, and provides vehicle information with the use of limited REJIS portal
- Monitor a variety of radio channels through multiple speakers to maintain contact with other departments while maintaining operation of main security radio channel
- Answer emergency and non-emergency telephone lines; obtain detailed information necessary to dispatch proper emergency assistance and respond to inquiries from associates, visitors, and members of the department
- Maintain security for Purina headquarters by monitoring cameras in key areas of the property; assures all entrances/exits and windows are secure after hours; making regular safety checks of on-duty patrol personnel
- Responsible for accepting items for lost and found articles on campus, ensuring all items are logged, tagged, and proper documentation is made when items are picked up
- Ensures equipment issued to patrol officers is signed out properly, as well as returned and accounted for
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends and holidays, including extended hours as required
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- 3+ years of verifiable work history in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as interpersonal social skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive personal information
- Conscious use of discretion and the ability to discuss sensitive issues
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] [Register to View] style="background-color:white"> to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: SOC Communications Specialist Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20004791