The Tax Department manages the accounting, compliance, planning, and reporting for a global $4B business with over 100 legal entities operating in 26 countries. The Senior Associate, International Tax, will be responsible for preparing and/or reviewing U.S. international tax reporting filings and calculations, including 5471s, 8858s, 1118s, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, 163(j), and foreign tax credit. The position will assist in the review of ASC 740 workpapers, including associated tax reporting, of all non-US subsidiaries of the Company. This role will also support special projects, such as planning projects and mergers and acquisitions activities, both domestically and abroad. Furthermore, this position will assist with managing and coordinating compliance for transfer pricing filings.
• Assists with management and preparation of annual transfer pricing documentation and analysis of intercompany transactions data. This includes OECD BEPS requirements, updating annual CbC data/notifications and coordinating with outside providers on local transfer pricing requirements for annual reports and master file filings.
• Prepares and/or reviews U.S. international tax compliance calculations including E&P, GILTI, BEAT, FDII, 163(j), and foreign tax credit calculations.
• Prepares and/or reviews U.S. international compliance filings, including Forms 5471, 8858, 1118, and 8975. This includes working with and accumulating necessary data from various accounting and compliance systems, including Hyperion Financial Management and One Source Tax Provision.
• Supports the tax accounting provision process for international operations under ASC 740, including review of foreign tax packages, the planning for permanently invested earnings outside the U.S. under APB 23, and the calculation of international income tax reserves under FIN48.
• Assists with SOX compliance initiatives including controls and process improvements.
• Assists with special projects, including planning initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, special transactions, business process management, etc.
• Assists with responses to internal and external financial auditors during the quarterly review cycle; works with outside vendors and internal departments on tax technology/process development, improvement, and implementation.
• Assists with research for and communication of technical tax issues to Management, and prepares and maintains relevant and organized work papers and memoranda.
• Maintains continuing professional education requirements to stay apprised of new technical developments.
• Bachelor degree with a major in Business/Accounting/Tax plus a CPA required.
• Five plus years of experiences in a large multi-national corporate tax department or large public accounting firm;
• Experience in applying generally accepted tax principles, transfer pricing principles, complex company structures, and legal organizations;
• Proven tax research proficiency required with demonstrated experience in complying with tax rules and regulations
• Familiarity with mainframe accounting systems and tax compliance/provision software (OneSource preferred);
• Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, personal computers, and Excel;
• Experience with HFM financial reporting preferred;
• Team player, accurate, committed;
• Detail oriented and organized;
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• CPA required if highest education is a Bachelor’s degree.
• Some travel required.
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.