The Tax Analyst will be responsible for the preparation and filing of tax returns for the Covetrus companies as well as tax payments, extensions, and tax accruals. This role will also perform tax research and assist with tax audits as necessary.
• Prepare tax returns and payment calculations.
• Assist with changes in the tax and financial accounting systems.
• Prepare audit ready work papers, including account reconciliations and reserve analysis.
• Execute tax internal controls with required SOX documentation.
• Gather information and perform research and analysis for the preparation of tax returns or tax calculations and prepare supporting memos.
• Assist with tax audits and related notices.
• Monitor and communicate tax legislative, regulatory, and judicial developments to ensure tax compliance. Facilitate and participate in special projects and analysis as necessary. Keep projects on schedule and communicate project status, challenges, and recommend solutions to management.
• Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree with a major in Business, Accounting, or Finance (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• 0-2 years of experience in general accounting or tax compliance.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of US tax rules and GAAP Accounting concepts.
• Diligent work ethic and high energy level.
• Detail Oriented.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products, particularly in Excel.
• Experience with tax and financial software (Vertex, OneSource, Corptax, HFM, etc…) is desirable, but not required.
• Strong people skills and interest in performing daily tax functions
• Team player, accurate, committed
• CPA preferred
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.