This role entails supporting the design and deployment of the Record to Report processes for Zoetis. The Global Process Owner – Record to Report is expected to understand the organization’s needs and coordinate design and delivery in a seamless fashion by collaborating with other key stakeholders within the organization.
- Responsible and accountable for end to end Record to Report (R2R) process design
- Owns and is responsible for standardization and improvement of record to report processes globally
- Implements a global standard process model for record to report from a process, people and technology perspective
- Responsible for continuously improving and optimizing the global standard process model as well as supporting systems and related processes
- Responsible for shaping and designing the process and controls needed whilst simultaneously creating a culture of continuous improvement for record to report (processes, systems, data, training, people)
- Involved in managing business process transformations and have ownership for the delivery of key record to report programs (on-going and future projects) across multiple global entities
- Develops process variants, interim solutions and workarounds together with the Transition and SSC Team
- Defines and approves business requirements for record to report global process
- Collaborates across functions and sites to harmonize requirements and solutions
- Recommends solutions and consolidates platforms to improve integration and reduce support burden
- Identifies improvement opportunities to advance key record to report process metrics
- Aligns opportunities and priorities between SSC, Global and local/BU Finance teams and other functional teams
- Identifies and implements critical projects which reduce costs while improving overall process value
- Coordinates the collaboration with IT regarding the development of system standards and integration of technology for record to report
- Governs global technology template and controls rate of change to meet business needs
- Minimizes customization of technology solutions; achieves high standardization levels
- Guides scope and priority of enhancement work done by support organization
- Runs global network of matrixed Super Users, Sub-Process Owners and Data Stewards associated with record to report
- Works with support organization to ensure global process training material and key deliverables exist and are updated
- Leads stakeholder engagement and organizational change management for all record to report initiatives
- Responsible to ensure corporate policy compliance in all aspects of record to report processes
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Utilizes Six Sigma / Lean methodology to define, measure, analyze, improve and control/maintain improved record to report processes
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to quickly absorb new concepts and ideas – including operations model and BU or location-specific needs.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to connect and collaborate effectively with a diverse set of peers and stakeholders; constructive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and drive decisive action on process improvement issues.
- Must be an analytical thinker, comfortable taking initiative in situations where thought leadership is either absent or unclear.
- Open minded and culturally sensitive; well-structured and self-drive work approach; innovation driven.
Understanding of the Business
- Understands company strategy and applies constantly to analyze and advise on financial performance.
- Knowledge of company abilities and services.
- Qualified Accountant - CPA or equivalent
- Graduate, preferably in Finance related degree
- 10+ years of professional experience in various finance roles with background in process improvement, Finance business processes (specifically record to report), Operations, program management, change management and/or ERP implementation and governance.
- Extensive experience with processes in Finance, Accounting or Controlling; comprehensive experience in process design and/or optimization; experience with SSCs with a finance background.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of SAP modules like FI, CO, FSCM, MM, etc. are desirable
- Experience of having worked with Digital finance technologies such as RPA, Trintech, etc. Experience of having worked in large scale in SAP transformation programs that are multi-country
- Advances Excel analytics capability, including pivot tables and data slicing