This job is archived
As a member of the Finance Operations team, this position reports directly to the US Controller. The individual is responsible for the accurate execution of Record to Report activities for US Operations. The individual is held accountable for maintaining and directing the internal control environment which includes designing and monitoring internal controls over the company’s financial reporting process, to ensure regulatory compliance. The individual takes ownership of day-to-day management of all general accounting functions (general ledger accounting, rebates, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.), including but not limited to, month-end close, general ledger account analysis and preparation of monthly internal financial statements. The individual is able to interact with all levels of the business ranging from executive to customer. The individual is aligned with all Zoetis core competencies and values.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting in accordance US GAAP accounting standards, Zoetis policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Proactively delivers on all business unit & corporate reporting requirements.
- Provides leadership for monthly/quarterly US GAAP close, monthly reviews with finance team, account reconciliations, and corporate requests for data to fulfill external reporting requirements.
- Supports cross BU efforts in projects as directed and through the month-end close process such as Rebates, Accounting for Services, Accruals etc.
- Monitors Zoetis contracts and prepares calculations for Gross-to-Net adjustments for Accrued Rebates.
- Proactive advocate for corporate accounting & compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures U.S. Operations is SOX compliant.
- Responsible for supporting the closing process on a quarterly basis closing Books at year end upon completion of Annual Audit.
- Assists with audit reviews by the external auditors.
- Reviews monthly financial results (P&L and Balance Sheet accounts).
- Oversees and performs budgeting and forecasts analysis such as Production Margin of key products, Opex and other items.
- Prepares financial reporting for the BU and provides ongoing analysis of risks and opportunities, as well as ad-hoc analysis.
- Accountable for evaluating, reconciling and resolving complex accounting transactions and maintaining oversight of general ledger accounts.
- Ensures adequate systems and procedures are in place to provide controls, safeguarding of assets and the efficient execution of financial activities.
- Coordinates activities with Zoetis Financial Shared Services to ensure end to end process delivery for US operations.
- Ensures the timely reporting of all key financial information to the business and corporate in compliance with the company’s requirements and standards.
- Is an active member of the Finance community ensuring that the complex factors behind the analysis of the business are understood, and that the appropriate financial analysis, management analysis is provided to the leadership team proactively.
- Ensures SOX sub-certifications, questionnaires, spreadsheet controls are updated and compliant.
- Provides On-going training and support to all US Ops colleagues (e.g. expense recognition).
- University degree in the appropriate discipline (i.e. accounting/finance)
- Certified public accountant or equivalent (chartered accountant) and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in Accounting or Finance roles
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is considered a plus
- Knowledge of multi-national financial reporting requirements
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems – SAP
- Large public accounting firm experience
- Familiarity with Zoetis’ Accounting Policies and systems is a plus
- Understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Gross-to-Net accounting experience is a plus
- Strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of accounting, internal controls, financial systems and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities
- Work effectively in a team environment and in building collaborative relationships with peers and with other stakeholders
- Strong ability to work under pressure
- Strong ability to organize, and prioritize tasks with a good sense of time management
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required