This job is archived
The Finance Business Partner Global Reference Labs is responsible for certain commercial finance matters within the Global Diagnostics and Reference Labs Businesses within Accelerated Growth Businesses (AGB). This includes, but is not limited to, providing support to expanding the business, partnering with BD on business development opportunities, work with US and International segments to maintaining accurate books and records, including the design and implementation of cost accounting, ensuring an effective internal controls environment, implementing budgeting and forecasting models and furthering business strategies by playing an active role as a part of the global commercial leadership team.
The business currently represents ~$35M in revenue across 12 labs, with a rapid growth strategy and expansion plan to increase to ~45 to 50 labs by 2025 with direct impact into future revenue growth.
- Work directly with BD or other groups as needed on reference lab expansion plans, including international expansion.
- Participate in the valuation and due diligence across reference lab opportunities and ensure performance metrics (earn outs schemes) that maximize the asset.
- Work with US and International segments to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP, Zoetis policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Plan and implement cost process to track, analyze, and report on profitability of service items.
- Liaise with NRM team on consistent menu of service items, and coordination of pricing strategy.
- Spearhead business partnering activities including ERP integration, CRM, Pricing, KPIs and Metrics reporting.
- Coordinate pricing, marketing, and selling strategies across Point of Care diagnostics and reference lab service offerings.
- Liaise with international and US diagnostics local teams to understand, analyze and report on revenues, Field Force and other metrics.
- Track effectively and report on all reference lab specific investments, in accordance with acquired entity earn-out agreement.
- Implement a sound process and guarantee the quality, accuracy and timeliness of the Operating Plan, forecasts, monthly results and other financial submissions via partnering with US and Intl’ Commercial and the Global teams.
- Ensure an effective internal control environment. Support the planning and lead in its respective area the execution of local internal and external audit work in partnership with controllers.
- Present business results, financial projections and financial analyses to senior management. Participate in business reviews and represent the financial implications of the business strategy to regional and global leadership.
- Serve as the financial advisor to global leadership on key commercial decisions and business strategies with respect to reference labs businesses. Monitor, track and report business performance with proactive identification of issues, opportunities and challenges. Ensure that the business utilizes its resources in the most efficient manner.
- Drive resource optimization through effective working capital management.
- Interact as necessary with different internal and external stakeholders. Be able to clearly articulate Zoetis’ position on key matters and issues.
- Support and manage major change initiatives as necessary, including business development activities, integration of new businesses and migration to new financial systems and processes.
- Act as a partner within the finance and global organization ensuring Zoetis core beliefs permeate within Global Diagnostics and Reference Labs. Maximize operations and support other functions within US and International finance operations.
- Ensure continual Finance acumen education to commercial leadership in new businesses.
- Ensure effective execution of integrating new business to the group.
- Coordinate activities between Zoetis Shared Services, Zoetis Centers of Excellence and local finance colleagues to ensure end to end process delivery.
- University degree in appropriate discipline (i.e. accounting, finance or economics)
- Professional accounting designation, Certified Public Accountant or MBA is considered an asset.
- 7-10 years post qualification experience
- Experience in the Animal Health industry is considered an asset
- Prior experience leading change in a dynamic business environment
- Previous people management experience preferred
- Strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of accounting, internal controls, financial systems and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities
- Work effectively in a team environment and in building collaborative relationships with peers and with other stakeholders