The Procurement Manager supports the strategy and execution of indirect strategic sourcing initiatives in accordance with global / regional category management practices. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing sourcing activities across multiple international regions, countries or Zoetis sites; primarily with a focus on North America and EMEA. In addition, the Procurement Manger will help identify opportunities to rationalize the supply base, lower total cost of ownership and optimize supplier performance.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate experience in Sustainability in a manufacturing environment (e.g., Energy Procurement, Waste Management, Site Operations and Services, etc.).
Contract negotiation, financial modelling, data analytics, stakeholder collaboration and international sourcing experience across several non-cost of goods categories are critical skills.
Key measures will include savings delivery (e.g., impact on P&L and cost avoidance), stakeholder satisfaction, supplier performance and successful execution of multiple strategic sourcing projects.
- Develop and execute regional category management strategies for multiple indirect categories primarily on focused on Sustainability (e.g., Energy, MRO, Waste Management, Site Services procurement.
- Align with stakeholders on business requirements and objectives to promote adoption of best-in-class category management strategies and industry trends.
- Guide the selection, development, and management of preferred suppliers to meet financial and performance objectives.
- Support spend management strategies including supplier assessments and rationalization, security of supply, diversity, and continuous improvement.
- Execute and manage end-to-end RFx activities including project management, leading contract negotiation teams and implementation / transition planning.
- Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with business stakeholders, suppliers, and other supporting corporate enabling functions (e.g., legal, risk and compliance, etc.).
- Partner with Category Strategy Global Leads by contributing to annual category strategy development, opportunity planning and executive stakeholder communications.
- Prepare dashboard of procurement metrics and key performance to demonstrate value of strategic sourcing.
- Maintain effective working relationships across Indirect Sourcing Team (consisting of Category Strategy Global Leads and Regional Procurement Managers), Direct Materials Team and Supplier Management Teams
- Interfaces with Zoetis Executive Team (ZET) - 2 & 3, Finance, Legal, Human Resources, All levels of Supplier's Account Teams, Site Operations and Site Procurements Teams.
- Responsible for Strategic Sourcing management of approximately US $50 to $125 million in annual spend.
- Supports key stakeholders (ZET-1 / ZET -2) in Global Manufacturing & Supply through the annual budgeting cycle in addressing the impact on their Indirect spend.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a technical major or business concentration.
- Strong Indirect Procurement category management experience including experience in Sustainability in a manufacturing environment (e.g., Energy Procurement, Waste Management, Site Operations and Services, etc.)
- Proficient in spend analysis, sourcing strategy development, negotiations, and executive-level communications
- Ability to collaborate with team members and stakeholders in other regions.
- Certified Purchasing Manager or equivalent credentials desirable.
- Demonstrable track record of performance in managing complex, cross-functional activities, and acting as a trusted advisor.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to independently evaluate, assess and initiate action; recognition of positive and negative impacts of actions, decisions, other market forces on business and people.
- Clear and concise written/oral communication skills, adaptable to stakeholder audience.
- Strong influencing and persuasion abilities, in conjunction with effective change management skills.
- Strong data analytics skills to drive better decision making.
- Builds and sustains positive relationships.
- Handles conflicts and negotiations effectively.
- Collaborates and works well with others.
- Good negotiator while balancing a pragmatic, flexible approach to time and resource allocation against potential outcomes/benefits.