The Manager of RSA-Import/Export is based in St. Louis and leads a team of Import and Export Regulatory Specialists. He/she helps plan the strategic direction of RSA incorporating a strong understanding of business needs and the principles of agility. He/She uses their strong Industry and/or Government experience in the import and export of petfood, food or agricultural products with effective regulatory leadership to facilitate, together with internal and external stakeholders, the supply of ingredients, packaging and finished products into North America, as needed and exported to other Nestle Purina Affiliates in other regions. Working with the VP of Regulatory, he/she creates and manages the regulatory import and export strategy for North America to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and look for creative regulatory solutions to overcome trade issues. He/She will be the North American import/export contact to support the Pet Care Global Strategic Business Unit’s global supply strategy. He/She will represent Nestle Purina North America to regional and international trade associations (PFI, PFAC, GAPFA, etc.) and will engage with, and advocate to, the appropriate governmental agencies associated with trade (APHIS, FAS, USTR, CBP). Situational awareness of issues pending before the OIE (World Animal Health).
• Right people in the right job: Maintain and build a winning, objectives-driven team, thinking and acting people first. Ensure through coaching and training that the Import/Export regulatory team demonstrates entrepreneurship and business partnership.
• Create and manage the North American Regulatory Import/Export strategy to ensure supply through effective forward thinking and planning to help overcome potential trade issues, technical barriers to trade and the impact of animal diseases that may affect trade.
• Ability to work seamlessly within cross-functional teams staffed by NPPC’s Intermarket Business Group, Product Supply, Legal, Quality, and the Global Strategic Business Unit, etc. to support ingredient, packaging, and finished product import and export, as needed by the company to achieve its goals and objectives.
• Ensure compliance of exporting factories by interfacing with Product Supply factory management and Quality including APHIS inspections and any appropriate documentation and certifications.
• Systems and workflow: Ensure robust and flawless execution of export documentation, foreign product registration dossier development and the active management of import permits.
• Issue Management: Fast and reliable issue resolution (corrective and preventive processes and actions) in area of responsibility; including briefing senior leadership.
• Monitors the development, and develops the appropriate response strategy, of new and proposed rules, regulations and enforcement activities impacting the Importation and exportation of pet food products, packaging and ingredients.
• As a technical policy expert engage in advocacy on behalf of Nestle Purina’s North American business to government agencies associated with trade (APHIS, FAS, USTR, CBP) and to national and international trade associations (PFI,PFAC, GAPFA, etc.), as needed. Builds, mentors and coaches team members to contribute at the right level externally in associations and in engagement with authorities at national and international level.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• Requires BS/BA, preferably in animal science, agriculture economics, political science, government affairs or related.
• In depth knowledge of the US animal food and/or human food import and export regulations; of other markets is an asset
• 8+ years experience in regulatory import and export policy in the private, public sectors or trade associations. Food (animal and/or human) experience is preferred.
• 3-5 years experience managing direct reports
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .
Job: Manager – Regulatory-Import/Export Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20004540