This position is responsible for the cost effective indirect procurement of products, supplies and outside contract services supporting functions such as Human Resources, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Regulatory and Consulting. Helps develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures to reduce costs and streamline indirect procurement procedures. Leads, supports and/or guides all RFI/RFP/RFQ Indirect opportunities in support of our internal business stakeholders. Works within the Global Procurement Organization to contribute to the development of a world class indirect supplier management program.
- Lead supplier selection and negotiation process, execute sourcing activities
- Determine strategies for contract renewal, assist in the analysis of supplier marketplace data to create a competitive bidding environment, conduct RFPs/RFIs to lead supplier selection process that evaluates, negotiates, develops and manages complex strategic supplier relationships to secure terms that are in the company's best interest
- Use project management tools to document and communicate progress and final results; Communicate project progress to functional team members to ensure that deliverables and milestones are delivered on schedule to internal stakeholders and leadership
- Review category spend to determine opportunities to improve services, service levels and cost.
- Achieve annual savings commitments, while balancing compliance, service levels and relationships.
- Lead the contract review process, working closely with business unit managers to ensure proper review and capture of business requirements.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of all contracts required for compliant and reliable business operations i.e. implementation in the appropriate systems, category compliance, contract management
- Support supplier management activities (performance reporting and the monitoring and management of compliance); Support the development of a Supplier Performance Management framework for strategic supplier partners
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key business stakeholders
- Ensure internal customers adhere to the delegation of authority and procurement processes
- Increase use of preferred suppliers across the business
- Implement and track metrics related to annual savings forecast to actuals, contract expirations, and project pipeline
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree with major in Business, Supply Chain, Business Analytics, or Finance
• Experience managing and executing indirect category strategies, or other strategic sourcing roles
• Experience collecting and analyzing data
• Experience leading pricing negotiations
• Experience negotiating contracts and monitoring contract adherence
• Experience tracking cost savings and cost avoidance
• Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Outlook e-mail
• Good analytical, problem-solving, time management, and organization skills
• Proven negotiation skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent engagement with VP's and C level audiences. Strong communication skills, not intimidated in presenting to executives on quarterly basis the Category Results, Savings etc.
• Strong planning/project management skills - ability to set and keep timelines
• Travel <20%
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.