The Director of Marketing Operations serves as the “Chief of Staff” to the Head of Petcare Marketing. They are the data-driven consultant to the Head of Marketing, facilitating the establishment of marketing strategy and ensuring alignment of business objectives and operations. Responsibilities include marketing-related strategy and planning, process and technology, measurement and reporting, and promoting team engagement for more than 50 Petcare marketing team members. The Director of Marketing Operations is a key member of the Petcare Leadership Team and Marketing Leadership Team. The colleague works directly with the Petcare LT, Marketing LT, broader Marketing, Sales LT, Major Accounts and Channel Partners (Retail, Distribution), and other Zoetis functions to ensure alignment and collaboration. As a leader in the organization, they will model Zoetis core beliefs and communicate the importance of conducting business in a manner consistent with Zoetis values and behaviors.
The Director of Marketing Operations will supervise a team of 8 professionals with responsibility for Marketing Mix Modeling, Communications, and Operations.
Strategy and Planning
- Provides consultation and thought partnership to the Head of Marketing on strategy and operations leveraging data and insights
- Orchestrates the annual operating and tactical plan processes (e.g. calendar, templates, training, meetings, actions) ensuring alignment with Petcare strategy and guidance from Leadership
- Manages calendar and coordinates marketing activities and deliverables (e.g. meetings, communications, financial and business reporting)
- Marketing point of contact for Sales meetings (POAs, NSMs, etc.)
- Partners with the Marketing LT, Human Resources, and Learning and Development to assess, build and execute a marketing training plan that advances the team’s knowledge, skills and competencies
- Participate/lead strategic projects for Marketing as required (NGSE and NGM)
Process and Technology
- Gathers and disseminates internal and external marketing best practices
- Engineers workflows, agile marketing, and project management and governance to ensure Marketing is aligned and moves quickly to achieve outcomes
- Improves/introduces marketing processes and technology that increase efficiency and effectiveness and delivers effective change management and communications for implementation
- Consistently champions optimization of workflows for Marketing Communications (ie regulatory & legal reviews) and Budget Operations (tracking and management)
Measurement and Reporting
- Designs meaningful reporting by selecting and organizing shared goals and metrics to deliver visibility and insight into marketing performance and business value
- Ensures successful implementation of Marketing Mix Modeling, to drive performance review of key brands, functions and campaigns
- Establishes and manages cadence for reporting that aligns with marketing calendar
Culture, Engagement, and Change Management (full Petcare marketing team)
- Objectively compares Zoetis Petcare goals and core beliefs to day-to-day practices to identify areas of opportunity for action planning with the MLT
- Promotes team recognition, communication, and alignment
- Champions new initiatives within Petcare and leads change management activity
Assesses and coaches individual and team performance to exceed business goals (Operations team)
- Coaches and directs Marketing Mix Modeling, Communications, and Operations teams to their objectives
- Actively coaches direct reports to optimize their performance and develop their capabilities for advancement and future opportunities.
- Fosters an environment where coaching and feedback is open, ongoing and consistent.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BS Marketing or business discipline, MBA or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years Animal Health marketing experience – demonstrating increasing responsibilities in brand and portfolio management, with 10+ years overall marketing experience
- Mastery of strategic marketing, brand management, and marketing/finance principles
- Strong business acumen, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong organizational, process and project management skills
- Strong communications and team-building skills across company functions
- Experience collaborating with and influencing executive management
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills with large and small audiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational acumen and working in a matrix organization
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, and ability to learn Zoetis systems)
- Ability to travel internal and external meetings, conventions, tradeshows, and customer interactions (>20%)
Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.