This job is archived
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses. Building on 60 years of experience, Zoetis delivers quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests, and supported by a range of services. Zoetis is the global leader in manufacturing and distributing animal health products. To create more process efficiency, centralization and standardization in the Global Tax organization, Zoetis has created a Regional Tax Center based in San Jose, Costa Rica and co-located with the Zoetis Shared Service Center Costa Rica (ZFSA").
This permanent position will report to the Regional Indirect Tax Manager and will coordinate and support the execution of activities related to indirect tax compliance and tax accounting. The aim of the Regional Tax Team is to ensure ZFSA meets all the indirect tax compliance and reporting requirements of each of the countries covered by it in the Americas.
Key attributes of this role include:
- Deep technical knowledge of indirect taxes, tax procedures and tax audits.
- Knowledge of indirect tax legislation of countries in Latin America.
- Strong accounting experience and knowledge.
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, and communicating tax issues and related implications.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a dynamic environment.
- Experience maintaining tax accounting configuration.
- Good organization, communication, and planning skills.
- Supervisory experience in reviewing indirect tax accounting, workpapers and deliverables.
- Ability to apply and improve procedures and processes and to ensure quality and efficiency in work product of team.
- Ability to work in culturally diverse teams and with various stakeholders.
- Strong people development orientation
• Coordinate and collaborate in the preparation of financial audits and statutory financials for requirements related to indirect tax accounts.
• Review tax journal entries for posting to SAP.
• Assist in providing tax technical support for countries covered by the Regional Tax Center in conjunction with local external advisors.
• Assist in providing support for indirect tax authority audits/ queries for countries within covered region and providing quarterly updates on the status of audits and potential issues and exposures.
• Monitor escalated issues, discrepancies and queries and ensure timely resolution.
• Gather, organize and efficiently use data from general ledger for the tax accounting process and information needs for indirect tax compliance prepared by local/external advisors.
• Meet deliverable deadlines as established by tax calendar for indirect tax reporting and tax compliance requirements and deliverables.
• Monitor activities related to indirect tax compliance for entities within region, including gathering of data and information needs, to ensure the timely completion of indirect tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extensions prepared by external advisor.
• Ensure quality, process controls and requirements for Zoetis tax processes are met.
• Ensure that process change directives and other changes initiated by Global Tax are implemented.
• Collaborate with and support Global Tax on various projects and tasks.
• Provide feedback and coaching, rewards hard work and risk taking, takes mentoring role, challenge and develop employees;
• Set objectives aligned with Company’s goals, monitor and evaluate subordinates performance and development plans;
• Determine the training and development needs for subordinated employees;
• Provide training, cross-training, guidance, and direction to the disbursement team (new hires and existing staff);
• Develop and maintain subordinates expertise which meets or exceeds objectives and customer requirements.
Qualifications (Training, Education & Prior Experience):
• College degree in accounting, plus supplementary tax education
• Professional accountancy qualification. Big 4 background a plus.
• 4-5 years of relevant experience with an emphasis on tax accounting, reporting and compliance.
• Strong process and project management skills, including ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills.
• Strong written and oral communication ski lls.
• Proficiency in English and Spanish.
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (private healthcare and insurance, Meal allowance, Parking, corporate events for employees)
- Asociación solidarista
- Professional and supportive working environment,
- Co-funding of professional qualifications and program Tuition reimbursement
- Possibility to work remotely from home on selected days,
- Modern office space with Doctor's office.
- Exposure to a dynamically growing leader of the global animal health-care segment.
- We work together as a family in an environment of trust we are recognized as a Great Place To Work.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a clear interest in the role and how it forms part of a long-term career plan.
If you meet requirements described above, please send your application in English by clicking on the Apply button. Only chosen candidates will be asked to participate in this recruitment process.Full timeRegularColleague