This job is archived
Imagine being the voice of a national, billion-dollar brand – defining its look, tone and feel – and having the ability to impact what goes to market. As an Art Director at Purina, you’ll become an essential part of our in-house creative organization - CheckMark, a unique mix of talented and passionate individuals that enjoy the excitement of agency life with all the great benefits of a big company. The breadth of work is impressive – create cutting-edge, demand-generating ideas exclusively for Purina brands in the areas of TV, radio, social media, website, e-commerce, print and digital advertising, SEO, direct-to-consumer, point-of-purchase, packaging and product innovation. We engage in over 2,000 projects annually across a portfolio of more than 40 brands or business groups who we view as both clients and as strategic partners to create work that impacts the brand holistically.
In partnership with copywriters and other supporting agency members, you’ll develop and redefine new product concepts, and create breakthrough ideas that will be executed in multiple channels, and work cross-functionally to innovate and renovate products that you’ll be part of from concept to production. We’ll challenge you to think imaginatively, collaborate effectively and act strategically to work toward the greater goal of growing the Purina portfolio. All of this while enjoying a healthy work/life balance. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, how would you help communicate and positively affect top quality products for dogs and cats?
- Concept and design print, package design, promotion, collateral, in-store and advertising materials, from concept to final execution.
- Create art for layout presentation. Present ideas and designs credibly to internal team and to clients.
- Contribute to package design efforts.
- Ability to collaborate successfully in tandem with a copywriter as a team, as well as cross functionally with digital and PR team members.
- Execute interactive content for website design, ecommerce, social posts, email campaigns, banner ads and video.
- A working knowledge of design in the digital space and an ability to empathize with the consumer’s experience.
Travel – up to 5-10% or as business needs require.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR RESUME AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO OF YOUR WORK.
- Associates or higher education level required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher-level education highly preferred with a strong emphasis in advertising and graphic design.
- 2+ years of experience as an Art Director (Junior or Associate), Graphic Designer, or related experience within Multimedia Design (Traditional, Packaging, Digital (Social, Search, PPC, Video, Programmatic media and advertising)).
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is required.
- Experience within an advertising/marketing agency or similar environment preferred.
- Experience working with collaborative tools such as Figma/sketch preferred
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere and Sketch a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of HTML and/or UX/UI a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and incorporate various perspectives in decision making.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to take on challenges courageously and keep an open mind.
- Demonstrates agility and optimism when faced with change.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.