This job is archived
In a typical 24-hour production cycle, we conduct 30,000 documented quality checks involving ingredient/packaging, receiving, processing, and packing. That’s how much we care.
Not only is Nestlé Purina an industry leader and at the cutting edge of pet food innovations that are revolutionizing the business, we’ve set the gold standard in quality assurance. We’re backed by a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, but more significantly, we’re grounded in a strong values system of developing high-quality products with unconditional integrity, passion, expertise, performance, and innovation.
As the Director of Quality, you will lead the implementation of Food Safety & Applicable Regulatory compliance according to Nestle and Government standards in pet food manufacturing facilities within Zone Americas. You will define the strategies, including best practices, programs and resources to build food safety culture within the organization and leverage TPM/NCE principles to drive continuous improvement in Quality, Food Safety and Compliance. You will also communicate and network with relevant global R&D networks to enhance and standardize best practices as well as interact with distribution, supply chain and customers to promote Food Safety within the warehousing, distribution, and transportation of NPPC products.
- Manage and lead programs to ensure compliance to Governmental and Nestlé standards related to pet food safety across manufacturing facilities and supply chain. This includes ensuring good hygienic practices and implementation of appropriate prerequisite programs (Sanitation, Pest Management, etc.) to support factory food safety plans. Develop organizational strategies, KPI’s and actions to deliver safe food and drive continuous improvement year over year.
- Develop and maintain organizational food safety competencies; support and grow the food safety culture and commitment to zero defects across the organization.
- Collaborate with other departments, global R&D and Nestlé networks on applicable Pet Food Safety Standards, Strategies and Projects, to offer and solicit input on key actions, process types and/or equipment changes that may impact food safety.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with customers, service providers and distribution partners to promote Food Safety within the industry and supply chain.
Need to travel 30-50% of the time. All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, or related discipline.
- 10+ years’ operational experience in quality and food safety in a pet food, food manufacturing or related environment.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Director of Quality Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21004597