Our Animal Health Marketing team takes a customer centric perspective using customer feedback and market intelligence data. Using this data, we design, develop and deploy products, platforms, brands and marketing initiatives that ensure we can improve the health and well-being of animals everywhere.
Organizational Unit: Animal Health
Job Title: Associate Director, Marketing
Position Title: Director, Global Marketing – Swine
Summary of the Job:
The Global Marketing Director – Swine is a member of the Global Swine Business Unit at our company's Animal Health. This unit sets the strategic direction for the Swine Business Worldwide and must also ensure alignment with this strategy with all functions within the organization.
The main objective of this position is to develop Global brand strategies and marketing campaigns for designated products in the Swine portfolio that are aligned with global market trends and customer needs. In addition, the Global Marketing Director will actively participate in the development of the long-term strategies for the MAH Swine portfolio. The Global Marketing Director will work closely with various internal and external functions, including but not limited to R&D, manufacturing, procurement, contract manufacturing, country operations, customers, that impact the success of the MAH Swine Portfolio strategies. The nature of this role requires flexibility to be able to travel globally as and when required in order to properly fulfill the principal tasks and responsibilities.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Understand, anticipate and explore market trends, expressed and unexpressed customers' unmet needs and take full advantage of them for the respective brands and heath platforms
- Develop and deploy plans specifically for new product and services. Ensure Global Marketing readiness for new product launches. Execute those plans precisely and measure success against those plans
- Provide the strategic long-visionary thinking for the Swine portfolio offerings by MAH, by guiding R&D, as active member of the Swine Species Team, to determine which R&D projects should be developed and prioritized and make sure they are aligned with our customer needs, and by giving input for business development projects
- Create mid to long-term business strategies across the portfolio and be responsible for maximizing the current portfolio and services bridging the future needs and today's revenues generation.
- Lead the Product Introduction Teams (PIT) for new products
- Create, develop and deploy international promotional and marketing campaigns and materials for the delegated brands.
- Communicate the strategies appropriately and efficiently with the Regions and Commercial operations stakeholders. Communicate the strategies appropriately and efficiently to all other internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Global Technical Directors the necessary Life Cycle Management studies and activities for various products under the responsibility of the function
- Manage the delegated swine portfolio assets. Including analysis of gross-margins optimization, supply improvements, rationalization, diversification and business development opportunities
- Identifying marketing training needs and developing programs to address gaps in local markets.
Scope and Context:
This position is based in Madison, New Jersey and will report to the Head of the Global Swine Business Unit. Relocation services will be provided.
Animal Health Commercial Competencies
- Demonstrate Ethics & Integrity
- Drive Results
- Focus on Customers
- Make Rapid Disciplined Decisions
- Act with Courage & Candor
- Build Talent
- Foster Collaboration
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Working Across Boundaries
- Strategic Thinking
- Digital Marketing
- Project Management
- Productive Communication
- Problem Solving
Core Commercial Functional Competencies
- Customer and Market Insights
- Strategic Business Management
- Product Knowledge & Portfolio Management
- Account Management
- Customer Engagement
- Market Access
- Regulatory & Compliance Knowledge
- Lifecycle Management
Background & Education: Minimum MSc Degree in Marketing, Agricultural or Animal Sciences or equivalent. Minimum 10 years’ experience in Marketing and/or Sales.
- A minimum of 10 years of direct brand management, including: Marketing experience in animal health or human health, preferably marketing to veterinarians as well as end-users
- Expertise in Swine production and/or Swine Animal Health is desirable
- Experience with digital marketing is desirable
- Must possess strong financial acumen, knowledge of market research and customers
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English (proficiency in second major language is preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including intercultural, interpersonal and general communication with a natural ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Availability to travel (approx. 30-40% travel both domestic and international)
- Self-starter, able to work and manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Experience or proven ability to work in a multicultural environment
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1