This job is archived
We are seeking a highly capable individual for Regional Business Director, US Poultry Division. This position is responsible for leading and managing a segment of broiler, layer and turkey producing customers within Zoetis US Poultry. This role will lead a set of Strategic Account Managers to achieve/surpass sales targets and support achievement of the overall U.S Poultry sales budget.
The US Poultry Regional Business Director will have Strategic Account Managers and/or Key Account Managers as direct reports. The Regional Business Director is responsible for leading all selling activities, business sales analytics and strategic business planning, coaching and development of their direct reports that are aligned to a group of poultry accounts and is responsible for delivery of $100+ in annual sales. The location of the colleague can be field based, although would be required to be located within the geographic areas where the Poultry industry is prominent.
· Meet overall sales objectives (quota) both overall and for key growth products via demand generation within targeted account base budget.
· Successfully launch new product and service offerings
· Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as growth rates and improving the health of your customer’s business
· Build a culture of empowerment where colleagues know what is expected of them, have the tools, development programs and decision-making authority to do it, and are excited by our vision to take it on.
· Assesses and coach’s direct reports and team performance to exceed business goals.
Field Sales Team efficiency and effectiveness
· Lead all colleagues in Region to successfully and consistently meet their annual objectives.
· Execute sales coaching and colleague development of direct reports and across the business. Significant field time with territory and strategic account managers in field coaching days, educational events/Key Opinion Leader meetings, Corporate Account meetings, Key Account Business Reviews, Performance Reviews, leading Regional Business Planning meetings, Individual Development Plan discussions and provide aligned written feedback
· Lead specific initiatives aligned to our expectations of enhancing the Regional team’s capabilities (e.g., Field Coaching/Field Coaching Guides, Solution Selling, Business Planning, Technical Knowledge, Territory Management).
· Lead ongoing alignment and execution of the Strategic/Key Account program within your Region resulting in greater value to and performance of these customers
· Lead ongoing partnership and collaboration with our Veterinary Technical Service Team to execute on opportunities within your Region resulting in greater value to and performance of targeted customers
· Lead all colleagues in Region to develop and execute specific Key Accounts, Corporate Accounts, and Key Opinion Leader objectives/strategies/tactics as part of their business plans
· Ensure resources are allocated appropriately across the region that continue to develop and grow our colleagues, so our key account managers are highly regarded in the industry by NPS tracker.
· As appropriate ensure successful implementation of any pilots and / or new product introductions within the field-sales team
· Monitor selling activities as well as compliance with assigned expense and marketing budgets ensuring operational excellence and marketing budgets are not exceeded;
· Ensure appropriate recruitment and selection of Strategic/Key Account Managers and Regional Account Managers. To the extent requested, support recruitment & initial development of other members of the strategic account management team; i.e., marketing, veterinary operations, technical services and/or device field service.
Excellence in colleague development and engagement
· Increase Regional colleague development and engagement
· Execute individual monthly calls and / field coaching account meetings with each direct report to review sales performance, talent management, and other key topics within the broiler, layer, turkey market segments.
· Building “best in class” leadership and coaching capabilities with your Strategic/ Key Account managers around the core aspects of a field sales team (e.g., Field Coaching Days, Talent Management, Solution Selling, Business Planning)
· Consistently communicate with Region team to keep sales, capability performance, and execution of key initiatives front of mind
· Work with Senior Vice President of the Business and Strategic/Key Account Managers, to provide ongoing key activities updates including sales, coaching, developmental opportunities and regional projects to direct reports as part of improving business performance and preparing them for further advancement.
· Identify and recommend colleagues and candidates and ensure complete operational and managerial development account managers through the defined career ladder;
· Model and champion the Zoetis Values and Core Beliefs in the Leadership & Management of the sales group in all dealings as a Leader with all other operational and support departments;
· Collaborate across the Zoetis organization to ensure complete alignment of business strategy and execution and especially in line with our goal of providing a great customer experience.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Vice President US Poultry
· Exhibit willingness to accept and incorporate feedback
· Continue to develop and grow personally and professionally to take on areas of increasing responsibility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s Degree) preferred
· 10+ years of related experience including sales management and / or non-sales function such as marketing or veterinary operations, MBA preferred but not required.
· Experience in the Animal Health sector with specific emphasis on poultry is desired but no required.
· Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word applications
· Ability and willingness to travel extensively, primarily in the U.S. Ability to operate in both remote working environment and standard office setting.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
· Success in previous roles including managing talent, executing designated initiatives, and creatively finding opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance.
· Gets more out of individuals, teams, and assigned geography (revenue) than others believe possible
· Exemplifies change agility, continuous learner, and pushing self / others beyond dominant logic
· Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization.
· Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever-changing environments.
· Drives strategy from insight and analytics to tactical execution and measures the results.
· Project / process management and attention to detail.
· Financial analysis skills including the ability to manage expenses and budgets
· Verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful / fair decisions based on relevant information
· Computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, and ability to learn Zoetis systems)
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Ability and willingness to travel extensively, primarily in the U.S.
· Ability to operate in both remote working environment and standard office setting.
· Significant travel of at least 50% and some weekend work / travel are a requirement of the position.
· Position is preferred to be located in Arkansas, but can be located anywhere in the Southeast or DelMarVa regions on the US.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.