Platinum Performance, now part of Zoetis, was founded in 1996 by renowned equine veterinarian, Dr. Doug Herthel to support his cases in veterinary practice. From its earliest days, the company has held a strong commitment to veterinarians and the highest respect for their role in guiding the health, wellness and performance of the horse. For 25 years, Platinum Performance, now a wholly owned subsidiary of Zoetis, has been developing, manufacturing and marketing premium nutritional product formulas for wellness and athletic performance in horses as well as a range of petcare and human nutritional supplements.
Platinum Performance is focused on expanding the reach of therapeutic nutrition by building and sustaining relevant partnerships with veterinarians. This role will report to the Head of Platinum Performance and is responsible for developing and executing strategy to support accelerated growth goals, strategic opportunities in new markets and ensuring delivery of unmatched personal service. The Associate Director will lead the global Veterinary Advisor specialty team. This team supports the accelerated business growth of the Platinum Performance portfolio through a consultative approach and education with clients requiring technical nutrition expertise to increase the adoption and implementation of nutrition in veterinary practices.
This role will support the ongoing development of nutritional expertise within the Veterinary Advisor team to drive growth through education, new client acquisition, retention and satisfaction. This is a highly collaborative role that requires teamwork across all functional areas of Platinum including Client Experience, Marketing, Production, Quality, R&D and the in market Commercial teams.
- Effectively lead, coach and develop the Platinum Veterinary Advisor Team to drive growth through education, new client acquisition, retention and satisfaction. Direct business activities and efforts to consistently meet objectives and to execute effectively.
- Achieve a high level of team engagement.
- Establish regular communication with team effectively utilizing cross functional and regional meetings, conference calls, written communication, and all relevant opportunities to share direction, best practices, forecasts, competitive updates and group training and coaching.
- Ensure quarterly in field coaching with each direct report by strengthening core competencies to achieve performance objectives.
- Develop and lead Nutrition Phased Training with L&D in collaboration with Client Experience and Marketing to ensure best in class expertise.
- Coach team to build relationships within key stakeholders including equine veterinarians, horse trainers, barn managers, universities, local influencers, and KOLs.
- Attract, evaluate, develop and retain talent through active recruiting / hiring, ongoing consistent, objective skills based coaching and effective use of both colleague development tools and performance management.
- Support the development of IDP’s for each direct report.
- Embody our core beliefs and lead by example.
Leading the Business
- Achieve annual objectives across US Equine, Petcare, and International.
- Ensure appropriate reach and frequency goals across each geography to maximize client reach, acquisition, adoption and growth.
- Lead, develop and manage all current and new Channel and Distributor related agreements in the US and International to ensure partnership and ROI.
- Collaborate with the US Commercial team to identify best practices and leverage data to optimize lead generation.
- Partner with marketing to plan and execute key internal and external events.
- Communicate field insights with the clinical nutrition and R&D team to inform research and product development opportunities.
- Lead strategic and operational planning workstreams evaluating expansion opportunities.
- Inform demand planning about US and International sales trends by region and by product.
- Deliver real time client feedback to Platinum Client Experience, Marketing and Ecomm teams to ensure product performance and exceptional client service.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Undergraduate degree (BA/BS).
- 10 years related experience including sales and/or sales management.
- Animal Health experience and knowledge of equine and companion animal veterinary medicine preferred.
- Experience selling equine and small animal nutrition preferred.
- Success in previous roles including developing talent, executing initiatives, creatively finding opportunities and solving problems to drive increased performance.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever-changing environments.
- Ability to drive strategy from insight and analytics to tactical execution and measures the results.
- Project / process management and attention to detail.
- Financial analysis skills including the ability to manage expenses and budgets.
- Superior verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful / fair decisions based on relevant information.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Tableau and Salesforce.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately at least 50% of the time and some weekends.