We planted our roots in St. Louis home back in 1894. Since then, we’ve expanded our manufacturing to 21 facilities across the United States and St. Louis has grown into what some would call a “hidden gem”. This “big city with a small-town feel” has everything you need and more— a rich culture with world-class schools and healthcare, an affordable cost of living and a neighborhood for every lifestyle. Hours from other major metro’s or minutes from a bustling downtown, serene parks and outdoors—join us in calling St. Louis home.
For more than 80 years, we’ve led the charge in revolutionizing pet food production and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, through innovative engineering, we literally reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and Pro Plan Bright Mind®, a breakthrough formula with enhanced botanical oils shown to promote alertness and mental sharpness in aging dogs. Such leadership requires constant innovation and renovation, which is so often rooted in our engineering and world-class food production standards.
As the Director of Engineering (Preventative Maintenance), you will be responsible for the implementation of maintenance plans across our factory locations. Your focus areas will include planning and scheduling key maintenance metrics, budgeting, and building maintenance foundations and component-based maintenance in continuous operations. You will also be responsible for the development and execution of the maintenance strategy for all factories in the US market (Dry, Wet & Litter).
- Establish and control maintenance routines to ensure that maintenance activities are scheduled and executed in time with high quality
- Coordinate production support to eliminate quality defects, safety risks and chronic technical issues
- Strengthen capabilities at factory level to eliminate repeat failures and feedback to maintenance standards
- Implement maintenance progression plans to embed technical and leadership competency development processes across all factories
- Provide the leadership, support, and training necessary for the development of each market team member
- Lead implementation of the maintenance methodologies (PM pillar, foundations) across factories/departments
- Ensures availability of maintenance resources to implement and execute maintenance routines, methodologies
- Provide strategy & input for annual market maintenance budget
- Report and track maintenance budget according to guidelines. Analyze over/under spending and put in place corrective actions
- Organize technical training program for all factory maintenance staff
- Build up maintenance methodologies competencies within engineering, on the topics from roles and responsibilities matrix
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a management role with Engineering and Maintenance (must have a combination of both Maintenance & Engineering Management experience) in a manufacturing, food and beverage, military or related environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Central Support function (Manager/Director Level) in a manufacturing, military, or related environment
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) knowledge or other Continuous Improvement program experience preferred
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline">[Register to View] please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .Job: Director of Engineering (Preventative Maintenance) Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: United States-- Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21002737