This job is archived
Mission: Clearly assess and communicate the site’s supply position to internal and external site key customers. Lead the customer service teams of the plant, to effectively and efficiently ensure the supply of products in accordance with customer expectations. Partner closely with the value streams and other enabling partners to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products to customers. The Supply Chain Director will be an important part of the Site Leadership Team in steering the culture of the site.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Utilize strong communication skills across the site and larger Zoetis organization and demonstrate ability to briefly and concisely explain complicated ideas or situations.
- Harness well-developed instincts to determine when a potential supply issue needs to be escalated to site management or above, with clear summary of the risks.
- Recognize in a timely manner when an issue can’t be solved internally and escalation is needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to move quickly between details and high-level business implications.
- Lead and develop the supply team to ensure customer satisfaction amidst rapid growth in the manufacturing site.
- Mentor and develop team members and establish a world class material management organization.
- Create a clear succession plan for the Supply organization and implement actions to achieve the plan.
- Monitor customer service levels and develop initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the global management of the plant as a key member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Establish and lead networking and improvement initiatives with other Zoetis sites.
- Daily use of excellent coaching and leadership skills.
- Quickly analyze and communicate supply impacts of emerging developments to all appropriate parties in an efficient and timely manner.
- Partner seamlessly with Global Strategic Sourcing, Global External Supply, other sites, and Global Supply Chain to provide clear messaging to ensure customer requirements are met through sometimes complex supply chains.
- Coordinate the supply and operations planning process in collaboration with Zoetis Principal representatives.
- Continuously drive to improve and excel in key performance indicators: Back Orders, Lost Sale, Working Capital and Planning Adherence.
- Maintain product artwork, throughout the lifecycle.
- Strive to continually improve the competitiveness of the product value chain in terms of costs, inventory and service.
- Develop budget and operational standards for all operational aspects of the department, including metrics to ensure the process is delivering budgeted results.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 7-10+ years of supervisory/management experience and demonstrated knowledge of the supply chain and business and leadership principles
- CPIM APICS certification is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced operations management and continuous improvement approaches (Lean, TOC, TPM).
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging technology, materials and organization.
- Six Sigma Green / Black Belt preferred.
Desired prior experience:
- Experience in Operations Management (Production, Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Process Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain or Logistics Operations). Multifunctional experience is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the cGMP and quality standards.
- Experience in Materials, Supply Chain or warehouse management.
- Knowledge and experience in working with and optimizing the use of ERP tools (preferably SAP ECC/APO).
- Finance Costs and Budgets: understanding of product cost methodology and budgeting techniques.